Match 14: Barbados v Trinidad & Tobago Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The 14th match of the CWI Women’s T20 Blaze, a regional tournament in the West Indies, organized under the able aegis of Cricket West Indies (CWI) will be played on June 14 between Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago at the Providence Stadium in Guyana.  

Preview: Match 14: Barbados v Trinidad & Tobago Women 

Match 14: Barbados v Trinidad & Tobago Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Barbados: Hayley Matthews (Captain), Shakera Selman, Kycia Knight, Kyshona Knight, Aaliyah Alleyne, Shanika Bruce, Shai Carrington, Shaunte Carrington, Shamilia Connell, NaiJanni Cumberbatch, Trishan Holder, Alisa Scantlebury, Charlene Taitt, Aaliyah Williams

Trinidad & Tobago: Anisa Mohammed (Captain), Lee Ann Kirby, Steffie Soogrim, Reniece Boyce, Karishma Ramharack, Shenelle Lord, Rachel Vincent, Leandra Ramdeen, Djenaba Joseph, Caneisha Isaac, Kirbyina Alexander, Britney Cooper, Kamara Ragoobar, Anna-Marie Pereira.

Players to watch

Hayley Matthews: 

The captain of Barbados led from the front as she hammered an unbeaten 74 off 63 balls against Jamaica in her last match. The right-handed opening batter muscled nine boundaries during her entertaining knock. With the ball, the right arm off spinner bowled her full quota of four overs, conceding just the 15 runs.

Aaliyah Alleyne: 

This right arm speedster from Barbados was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 2-20 in four overs. She bowled well not only with the new ball but also at the death as she struck with one wicket apiece in each of the phases.

Britney Cooper: 

The right-handed top order batter from Trinidad & Tobago top scored with an unbeaten 47 off 41 balls, in her last game against Windward Islands. She hit five boundaries in her innings. Coming in to bat in the fifth over, she batted through the remaining overs.

Also Read:  Match 4: Guyana v Trinidad & Tobago Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Anisa Mohammed: 

The captain of Trinidad & Tobago was the most successful bowler in her last appearance against Windward Islands. She struck with 2-16 in four overs. The right arm off spinner picked up both the wickets in the 19th over to steer her side to a one-run win.

Pitch

This will be the last day of the tournament. Yesterday, the venue hosted three matches. Teams batting first won all the matches. The average first innings score was 113 and the average second innings score was 79. The wicket has undergone a lot of wear and tear. Expect the spinners to come in. Batting could be a bit difficult.

Weather

The weather is expected to see a morning shower; otherwise some sun, then turning cloudy. The average temperature will be around 30 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 70 percent chance of rain and 75 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Kycia Knight, Lee-Ann Kirby, Britney Cooper, Kyshona Knight, Hayley Matthews, Steffie Soogrim, Deandra Dottin, Shanika Bruce, Aaliyah Alleyne, Karishma Ramharack, Anisa Mohammed

Match details

Date: June 15, 2022

Time: 12.30 AM IST

Venue: Providence Stadium, Providence, Guyana

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 23: Trent Rockets vs Manchester Originals | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here