Match 13: Leeward Islands v Jamaica Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The 13th match of the CWI Women’s T20 Blaze, a regional tournament in the West Indies, organized under the able aegis of Cricket West Indies (CWI) will be played on June 14 between the Leeward Islands and Jamaica at the Providence Stadium in Guyana.

Preview: Match 13: Leeward Islands v Jamaica Women 

Match 13: Leeward Islands v Jamaica Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Leeward Islands: Shawnisha Hector (Captain), Saneldo Willett, Terez Parker, Tyynetta McKoy, Amanda Edwards, Jenisen Richards, Melicia Clarke, Rozel Liburd, Davanna Claxton, Arsheena Freeman, Tonya Martin, Sidella Bellot, Tiffany Thorpe, Rosalie Dolabaille

Jamaica: Stafanie Taylor (Captain), Rashada Williams, Tameka Sandford, Natasha McLean, Jodian Morgan, Vanessa Watts, Keneshia Ferron, Neisha-Ann Waisome, Chinelle Henry, Jerona Walcott, Corrine Howell, Chedean Nation, Jody-Ann Brown, Celina Whyte

Players to watch

Terez Parker: 

The left-handed middle order batter of Leeward Islands was the only player to score in double digits in the last game against Guyana. The southpaw registered an unbeaten 11 off 12 balls, including a couple of boundaries.

Amanda Edwards: 

This right arm off spinner from Leeward Islands was the most successful bowler in her last match against Guyana. She bagged 2-25 in four overs. She controlled the innings well in the middle phase.

Chedean Nation: 

The right-handed middle order batter from Jamaica led the run chase as she top scored with 26 runs off 28 balls. She hit four boundaries in her innings and had the best strike rate in the team in her last outing against Barbados.

Corrine Howell: 

The right arm off spinner from Jamaica was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 2-27 in four overs against Barbados in her last match. She bowled well in the middle overs and did not let the opposition-run away with the game.

Also Read:  Match 1: Leeward Islands v Windward Islands | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Pitch

This will be the last day of the tournament. Yesterday, the venue hosted three matches. Teams batting first won all the matches. The average first innings score was 113 and the average second innings score was 79. The wicket has undergone a lot of wear and tear. Expect the spinners to come in. Batting could be a bit difficult.

Weather

The weather is expected to see a morning shower; otherwise some sun, then turning cloudy. The average temperature will be around 30 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 70 percent chance of rain and 75 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Rashada Williams, Terez Parker, Chedean Nation, Jodian Morgan, Rosalie Dolabaille, Chinelle Henry, Stafanie Taylor, Amanda Edwards, Rozel Liburd, Corrine Howell, Neisha-Ann Winsome

Match Details

Date: June 14, 2022

Time: 7.30 PM IST

Venue: Providence Stadium, Providence, Guyana

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here