Match 1: Leeward Islands v Windward Islands | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The first match of the CWI Women’s T20 Blaze, a regional tournament in the West Indies, organized under the able aegis of Cricket West Indies (CWI) will be played on June 7 between Leeward Islands and Windward Islands at Everest Cricket Club.

Match 1: Leeward Islands v Windward Islands Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI
Match 1: Leeward Islands v Windward Islands Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Squads

Leeward Islands: Terez Parker, Tynetta McKoy, Davanna Claxton, Jenisen Richards, Rosalia Dolabaille, Melicia Clarke, Arsheena Freeman, Saneldo Willett, Tiffany Thorpe, Tonya Martin, Sidella Bellot, Shawnisha Hector, Rozel Liburd, Amanda Edwards

Windward Islands: Ashlene Edward, Edelyn Turtin, Malika Edward, Zaida James, Gem Eloi, Carena Noel, Kimone Homer, Pearl Etienne, Stacy-Ann Adams, Jalphina Joseph, Afy Fletcher, Qiana Joseph, Akeira Peters, Jannillea Glasgow

Players to watch

Arsheena Freeman: She is a good all-rounder, who is a left-handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler. Leeward Islands will expect Freeman to make useful contributions with both bat and ball.

Melicia Clarke: This all-rounder is a right-handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler. In the last week of May, she hit a delectable half-century in a Leeward Islands’ trial match in Antigua. She scored 127 runs and picked up five wickets in the two trial matches.

Kimone Homer: She is a right-handed top order batter and a right arm medium pace bowler, who plays her domestic cricket for Windward Islands. Her team will expect her to provide them with a good start and lay a solid foundation.

Afy Fletcher: The captain of Windward Islands is a wily leg spinner, who has already featured in more than 100 international matches for the West Indies. She has accounted for 109 wickets, including two four-wicket hauls and one five-wicket haul.

Also Read:  Match 3: Jamaica v Trinidad & Tobago | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Pitch

This will be the first match of the tournament at this venue. Expect a fresh surface which could help the batters. On the other hand, the bowlers can make use of the cloudy conditions at their disposal. An exciting contest between bat and ball is on the cards.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy with a thunderstorm. The average temperature will be around 29 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 80 percent chance of rain and 87 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Ashlene Edward, Gem Eloi, Malika Edward, Tynetta McKoy, Arsheena Freeman, Kimone Homer, Melicia Clarke, Afy Fletcher, Amanda Edwards, Qiana Joseph, Rozel Liburd

Match details

Date: June 7, 2022

Time: 7.30pm IST

Venue: Everest Cricket Club

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here