Match 15: Guyana v Windward Islands Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The 15th and the final match of the CWI Women’s T20 Blaze, a regional tournament in the West Indies, organized under the able aegis of Cricket West Indies (CWI) will be played on June 14 between Guyana and Windward Islands at the Providence Stadium in Guyana.

Preview – Match 15: Guyana v Windward Islands Women

Match 15: Guyana v Windward Islands Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Guyana: Shemaine Campbelle (Captain), Shabika Gajnabi, Lashuna Toussaint, Erva Giddings, Plaffianna Millington, Sheneta Grimmond, Ashmini Munisar, Katana Mentore, Sherica Campbell, Cherry-Ann Fraser, Mandy Mangru, Kaysia Schultz, Kumarie Persaud, Tremayne Smartt

Windward Islands: Afy Fletcher (Captain), Malika Edward, Edelyn Turtin, Akeira Peters, Ashlene Edward, Zaida James, Qiana Joseph, Kimone Homer, Carena Noel, Jannelia Glasgow, Japhina Joseph, Stacy Ann Adams, Tracy Byron, Pearl Etienne

Players to watch

Shemaine Campbelle: The right-handed middle order batter and wicket-keeper of Guyana top-scored with 36 runs off 30 balls, including four boundaries against Leeward Islands in her last match. In the process, she stitched a 55-run partnership with Shakibi Gajnabi for the fourth wicket.

Kaysia Schultz: This left arm spinner from Guyana was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 3-14 in four overs in her last match against Leeward Islands. Out of the three wickets, she claimed two wickets in the seventh over of the match.

Zaida James: The left-handed middle order batter of Windward Islands starred with the bat as she mustered an undefeated 28 off 35 balls against Trinidad & Tobago. She struck three boundaries in her innings and led the run chase from the front.

Qiana Joseph: The left arm off seamer was the most successful and the most economical bowler for Windward Islands in her last outing against Trinidad & Tobago. She gave away 10 runs in her full quota of four overs and picked up three wickets. She also bowled one maiden over.

Also Read:  1st T20I: England v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

Pitch

This will be the last day of the tournament. Yesterday, the venue hosted three matches. Teams batting first won all the matches. The average first innings score was 113 and the average second innings score was 79. The wicket has undergone a lot of wear and tear. Expect the spinners to come in. Batting could be a bit difficult.

Weather

The weather is expected to see a morning shower; otherwise some sun, the turning cloudy. The average temperature will be around 30 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 70 percent chance of rain and 75 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the north-east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Shemaine Campbelle, Tremayne Smartt, Zaida James, Kimone Homer, Pearl Etienne, Cherry-Ann Fraser, Mandy Mangru, Afy Fletcher, Qiana Joseph, Kaysia Schultz, Shabika Gajnabi

Match details

Date: June 15, 2022

Time: 4.30AM IST

Venue: Providence Stadium, Providence, Guyana

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here