Match 1: USA v Zimbabwe | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The Women’s T20I Quadrangular Series 2022 will be played from September 10 to September 13 in the UAE. Thailand, USA, and Zimbabwe will participate in the tournament alongside the hosts, UAE. A total of six matches will be played with each team playing against the other once. All the matches will be played on the ICC Academy Ground in Dubai.

The first match of the Quadrangular Series will be played between USA and Zimbabwe and it will start at 11.30 AM IST.

Head-to-Head

USA and Zimbabwe have never played against each other. This will be their first T20I.

Squads

USA: Sindhu Sriharsha (C), Geetika Kodali (VC), Anika Kolan, Bhumika Bhadriraju, Disha Dhingra, lsani Vaghela, Lisa Ramjit, Mahika Kandanala, Moksha Chaudhary, Preeti lyenger, Ritu Singh, Snigdha Paul, Suhani Thadani, Taranum Chopra, Yashaditi Teki

Zimbabwe: Mary-Anne Musonda (C), Christabel Chatonzwa, Francisca Chipare, Precious Marange, Sharne Mayers, Audrey Mazvishaya, Esther Mbofana, Chipo Mugeri-Tiripano, Pellagia Mujaji, Modester Mupachikwa (WK), Kelis Ndlovu, Josephine Nkomo, Loryn Phiri, Nomvelo Sibanda, Loreen Tshuma

Players to watch

Geetika Kodali: 

She is a right arm speedster from USA, who has featured in six T20Is and has scalped three wickets. She has a decent economy rate of under five and a half runs per over and the best bowling figures of 13/2. She is a good new ball bowler and can open the bowling attack. In the recently concluded 6ixty competition in West Indies she claimed a hat-trick.

Sindhu Sriharsha: 

The skipper of USA is a right-handed top order batter and wicket-keeper. She has played 14 T20Is and scored 159 runs, including the best score of 42 not out. She will be the vital cog in the USA batting line-up. Apart from being a good batter in front of the stumps, she is a safe haven behind the wicket.

Also Read:  All you need to know about ICC WT20 World Cup Qualifiers 2024 | Squad, Schedule, Venue, Live Streaming

Mary-Anne Musonda:

The captain of Zimbabwe is a right-handed batter and a right arm off spinner. She has played 27 T20Is and scored 394 runs. She has hit a couple of half-centuries, including the best of 60. She averages 25 and has a strike rate of 106. She will be expected to shoulder the batting responsibility of her team.

Josephine Nkomo: 

She is one of the best all-rounders in the Zimbabwe team. She is a right-handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler. She has the ability to make useful contributions with both bat and ball. She has 26 T20Is to her name. With the bat, she has mustered 281 runs and with the ball has accounted for 23 wickets.

Pitch

The venue has hosted nine women’s T20Is so far out of which the teams batting first have won seven and the teams batting second have won two. The highest total scored here is 161 and the lowest total achieved is 27. The wicket is expected to be batting friendly. Also, the conditions seem good for batting. A high scoring contest is possible.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly sunny and less humid. The maximum temperature attained during the day could be 39 degrees Celsius. There will be 12 percent cloud cover and no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Modester Mupachikwa, Sindhu Sriharsha, Lisa Ramjit, Mary-Anne Musonda, Sharne Mayers, Josephine Nkomo, Kellies Ndlovu, Ritu Singh, Bhumika Bhadriraju, Geetika Kodali, Precious Marange

Match details

Date: September 10, 2022

Also Read:  Women's Quadrangular Series in UAE 2022 | Squad, Schedule, Team, Timings, Live Streaming

Time: 11.30 AM IST

Venue: ICC Academy Ground, Dubai

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here