1st T20I: England v India Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The England-India series will be played from September 10 to September 24. It will start with a three-match T20I affair and will be followed by a three-match ODI tournament. England will miss the services of Natalie Sciver, who has taken a break for mental health reasons.

The first T20I will be played on September 10 at the Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street. The match will start at 11.30 PM IST.

These two teams last played against each other in the semi-final of the Commonwealth Games in August 2022. In that match, India pipped England by just four runs to advance to the finals of the mega event.

1st T20I: England v India Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Head-to-Head

England and India have played 23 T20Is against each other out of which England have won 17 and India have won six.

Squads

England: Danielle Wyatt, Sophia Dunkley, Alice Capsey, Bryony Smith, Amy Jones (c & wk), Maia Bouchier, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Kate Cross, Issy Wong, Lauren Bell

India: Harmanpreet Kaur (Captain), Smriti Mandhana (Vice-captain), Shafali Verma, Deepti Sharma, Pooja Vastrakar, Jemimah Rodrigues, Sneh Rana, Renuka Thakur, Meghna Singh, Radha Yadav, Sabbineni Meghana, Taniyaa Sapna Bhatia (WK), Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Dayalan Hemalatha, Simran Dil Bahadur, Richa Ghosh (WK), Kiran Navgire

Players to watch

Sophie Ecclestone:

She is the number one T20I bowler in the world. The wily left arm spinner from England has featured in 58 T20Is and has scalped 78 wickets. She has a decent economy rate of under six runs per over and the best bowling figures of 18/4. She is a genuine wicket-taker and can bowl well in the death overs.

Also Read:  England clinch T20I Series 2-1 beating India by 7 Wickets in 3rd T20I

Danielle Wyatt:

This right-handed swashbuckling opening batter of England has a wealth of experience with 132 T20Is under her belt. She has muscled 2107 runs, including nine half-centuries, two centuries, and the best score of 124. She has a healthy strike rate of 124 and will be required to provide a good start to England with the bat.

Smriti Mandhana:

The stylish left-handed opening batter of India is the number four T20I batter in the world. She has played 92 T20Is and scored 2192 runs. She has hit 16 half-centuries, including the best of 86. She averages 26 and has a strike rate of 122. When she is on song, she is a treat to watch. India will want this prolific batter to score big.

Harmanpreet Kaur:

The captain of India is a right-handed middle order batter and a right arm off spinner. She is a good all-rounder and can make useful contributions with both bat and ball. She has 129 T20Is to her name. With the bat, she has hammered 2548 runs and with the ball has picked up 32 wickets.

Pitch

The venue has hosted two women’s T20Is so far. The teams batting second have won both the matches. The highest total scored here is 92 and the lowest total achieved is 71. Though the venue has produced low scoring contests, it is important to note that the two matches that were played were between 2012 and 2013. The first T20I of the England-India series will be played here and the wicket is expected to be fresh and hard. A high scoring game could be on the cards, however the cloudy conditions may assist the fast bowlers.

Also Read:  Ryana MacDonald-Gay picks 6 Wickets against India in Warm-Up Match

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy with spotty drizzle. The maximum temperature attained during the day could be 17 degrees Celsius. There will be 93 percent cloud cover and 58 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north.

Fantasy Playing XI

Amy Jones, Danielle Wyatt, Harmanpreet Kaur, Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Alice Capsey, Deepti Sharma, Kate Cross, Meghna Singh, Renuka Singh Thakur, Sophie Ecclestone

Match details

Date: September 10, 2022

Time: 11.30 PM IST

Venue: Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street

Live streaming: Sony Sports Network, DD Sports

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here