3rd T20I: Sri Lanka vs West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Following Sri Lanka’s convincing win in the 3-match Twenty20 International (T20I) opener and West Indies’ commanding win in the subsequent game, the T20I series hangs in the balance. The series decider, the 3rd T20I, will be held at Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Hambantota, on the 28th of June 2024, at 10:00 AM Indian Standard Time (IST).

3rd T20I Sri Lanka vs West Indies
3rd T20I Sri Lanka vs West Indies

Squads:

Sri Lanka – Chamari Athapaththu, Vishmi Gunaratne, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Hasini Perera, Nilakshi De Silva, Kavisha Dilhari, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Inoshi Fernando, Sugandika Kumari, Ama Kanchana, Rashmika Sewwandi, Imesha Dulani, Shashini Gimhani, Kawya Kavindi, Sachini Nisansala, Kaushini Nuthyangana

West Indies – Hayley Matthews, Shemaine Campbelle, Aaliyah Alleyne, Shamilia Connell, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Chinelle Henry, Zaida James, Qiana Joseph, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Stafanie Taylor, Rashada Williams, Kate Wilmott

Players to watch out:

Vishmi Gunaratne

The 18-year-old opening batter, from 35 T20Is, has accumulated 595 runs, including a highest score of 73*. Vishmi has had a notable series thus far, registering scores of 40, 50, and 44 in the One-Day Internationals (ODIs), and has managed starts of 35 and 24 in the T20Is. Building on this momentum, she’ll be backed to convert her starts and top score for the team.

Sachini Nisansala

The 22-year-old left-arm off-spinner, from 6 T20Is, has taken 4 wickets, including a best of 2/10, maintaining an economy rate of 5.10. In her first ODI outing this series, she registered figures of 0/27, but followed up with a five-wicket haul (5/28). Continuing her form, she returned figures of 1/18 (3) in her only T20I this series, and given her form, she can be counted on for breakthroughs.

Also Read:  Summary: Match 2 - West Indies win the match, Thailand win hearts

Stafanie Taylor 

The 33-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, from 117 outings, has racked up 3305 runs at an average of 35.15 and from 87 innings, she has scalped 98 wickets, maintaining an economy rate of 5.66, with best figures of 90 and 4/12. Stefanie hasn’t bowled much this series, and with the bat, following a string of low scores, she scored a 28* in her recent outing. It is hoped she manages a strong finish.

Karishma Ramharack 

The 29-year-old off-spinner, maintaining an economy rate of 6.51, has secured 24 wickets from 31 T20Is, with the best figures of 4/15. Karishma has taken 4 wickets from 3 ODIs in this series, producing figures of 0/23, 2/29, and 2/46. In the couple of T20Is, her returns read 1/30 and 0/24. Being effective and economical, she’ll be relied upon for a match-winning spell.

Pitch:

The center wicket at the Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium provides a well-balanced playing surface, promising a gripping contest between bat and ball. This is evident from the average score in the 130s, and bowlers, especially spinners, benefit from the assistance off the pitch.

Weather:

With clear sunny skies and minimal chance of rain, the conditions promise a complete game of cricket in Hambantota. The temperature is forecasted to hover around 31°C with moderate winds and a humidity level of 74%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Shemaine Campbelle, Stafanie Taylor, Vishmi Gunaratne, Nilakshi De Silva, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Chamari Athapaththu, Hayley Matthews, Kavisha Dilhari, Afy Fletcher, Inoshi Fernando, Aaliyah Alleyne

Match details:

Date – June 28, 2024

Time – 10:00 AM IST

Venue – Mahinda Rajapaksha International Cricket Stadium, Hambantota

Also Read:  Summary: 3rd ODI - Chamari Athapaththu's 103 in vain as Australia seal their 18th consecutive ODI Win

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on Sri Lanka Cricket YouTube channel.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here