2nd T20I: Sri Lanka vs West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Following Sri Lanka’s win in the Twenty20 Internationals (T20I) opener of the 3-match series against visitors West Indies, the latter face a must-win in the 2nd T20I on the 26th of June 2024. The game will be played at Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Hambantota, and is scheduled for 10:00 AM Indian Standard Time (IST).

2nd T20I Sri Lanka vs West Indies
2nd T20I Sri Lanka vs West Indies

Squads:

Sri Lanka – Chamari Athapaththu, Vishmi Gunaratne, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Hasini Perera, Nilakshi De Silva, Kavisha Dilhari, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Inoshi Fernando, Sugandika Kumari, Ama Kanchana, Rashmika Sewwandi, Imesha Dulani, Shashini Gimhani, Kawya Kavindi, Sachini Nisansala, Kaushini Nuthyangana

West Indies – Hayley Matthews, Shemaine Campbelle, Aaliyah Alleyne, Shamilia Connell, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Chinelle Henry, Zaida James, Qiana Joseph, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Stafanie Taylor, Rashada Williams, Kate Wilmott

Players to watch out:

Chamari Athapaththu

The 34-year-old all-rounder, in T20Is, has amassed 2958 runs from 130 outings, including a highest score of 113, and has scalped 52 wickets from 75 bowling innings, with a best of 4/29. While Chamari has only managed two good scores of 38 and 91 in this series, she has been consistent with the ball, producing bowling figures of 1/21, 2/8, 1/11, and 4/29. She can be counted on for the goods.

Inoshi Priyadharshani

The 37-year-old off-spinner, averaging 14.26 and maintaining an economy rate of 5.68, has picked up 30 wickets from 24 T20Is. Inoshi didn’t feature in the ODIs this season, but continuing her T20I success from a recent campaign where she struck 7 wickets from 5 games at an economy rate of 4.52, she returned figures of 3/28 in the T20I opener, and it is expected that she extends this form.

Also Read:  West Indies clinch T20I series 2-1 with dominant six-wicket win, courtesy Hayley Matthews

Hayley Matthews

The 26-year-old all-rounder, from 94 T20Is, has racked up 2261 runs at a strike rate of 112.88 and from 87 bowling innings, she has bagged 99 wickets at an economy rate of 5.86. Hayley, in the series opener, recorded figures of 38 and 0/33. She was ruled out of the following two ODIs due to illness, and on her return in the T20I opener, she registered figures of 30 and 1/19. She can be relied upon for an all-round effort.

Aaliyah Alleyne

The 29-year-old pacer, from 31 T20I bowling innings, has struck 13 wickets, including the best of 2/16, while from 32 outings has added 288 runs to the tally, including the highest of 49*. Aaliyah has had a notable series thus far, chipping in with the bat and registering scores of 14, 16, 27, and 26. Her bowling returns read 2/22, 1/15, 0/57, and 1/14. Given her form, bank on her for contributions.

Pitch:

The Hambantota wicket features a well-balanced center wicket that is favorable for both batters and bowlers, especially the spinners, to make an impact on the game. The average score in the 130s indicates favorable conditions for scoring runs as well.

Weather:

Despite mostly cloudy skies, the chances of rain are very low, and it should be a good day for cricket in Hambantota. The temperature is expected to hover around 31°C, with moderate winds and humidity at 76%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Shemaine Campbelle, Vishmi Gunaratne, Nilakshi De Silva, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Hayley Matthews, Chamari Athapaththu, Kavisha Dilhari, Afy Fletcher, Karishma Ramharack, Inoshi Fernando, Aaliyah Alleyne

Also Read:  Stafanie Taylor

Match details:

Date – June 26, 2024

Time – 10:00 AM IST

Venue – Mahinda Rajapaksha International Cricket Stadium, Hambantota

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on Sri Lanka Cricket YouTube channel.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here