3rd T20I: England v South Africa Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The third and the final T20I of the three-match series between England and South Africa will be played on July 25 at the County Ground in Derby. The match will start at 11PM IST. England have taken an unassailable lead of 2-0 in the series.

3rd T20I: England v South Africa Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

In the second T20I that was played on July 23 in Derby, England beat South Africa by six wickets. Batting first, South Africa posted a fighting total of 148/6 in 20 overs and in reply, England chased down the target in 19 overs. Anneke Bosch starred with the bat for the visitors with 61 runs while for the hosts Natalie Sciver top scored with 47. Among the bowlers, Ayabonga Khaka, Masabata Klass and Chloe Tryon struck with one wicket each for South Africa while for England, Sarah Glenn was the most successful bowler with two wickets.

Head-to-Head

England and South Africa have played 21 T20Is against each other, out of which England have won 17, South Africa have won three and one match did not produce a result.

Squads

England: Heather Knight (c), Maia Bouchier, Katherine Brunt, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Freya Davies, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Amy Jones, Freya Kemp, Nat Sciver (vc), Bryony Smith, Issy Wong, Danni Wyatt

South Africa: Sune Luus (c), Anneke Bosch, Trisha Chetty (wk), Nadine de Klerk, Lara Goodall, Shabnim Ismail, Sinalo Jafta, Marizanne Kapp, Ayabonga Khaka, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Tumi Sekhukhune, Chloe Tryon, Laura Wolvaardt, Mignon du Preez, Delmi Tucker, Masabata Klass

Players to watch

Sarah Glenn:

This wily right arm leg spinner from England was the most successful bowler in the second T20I against South Africa. She scalped 27/2 in four overs, picking up both the wickets in the 18th over of the innings. She bowled well in the middle phase as well as towards the death.

Also Read:  2nd ODI: England v South Africa | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Natalie Sciver:

The right-handed middle order batter of England led the run chase from the front with a 41-ball 47 in her last outing against South Africa. The stand-in captain struck half a dozen boundaries in her entertaining knock. Apart from her batting, she opened the bowling with Katherine Brunt and bowled three overs, giving away 25 runs.

Anneke Bosch:

This right-handed opening batter of South Africa smashed her second T20I half-century in her last appearance against England. She scored 61 runs off 57 balls, including eight boundaries. In the process, she stitched a 102-run partnership with her opening partner Lara Goodall to provide a perfect start to her team.

Ayabonga Khaka:

She was one of the most successful bowlers for South Africa in the second T20I against England. The right arm medium pace bowler claimed 10/1 in three overs and was the most economical bowler for the Proteas. She opened the bowling with Shabnim Ismail and bowled well with the new ball.

Pitch

This will be the ninth Women’s T20I that will be played at this venue. The teams batting first have won five and the teams batting second have won two with one match getting abandoned. The highest total scored is 166 and the lowest is 41. The average first innings score is 133 and the average second innings score is 106. With rainy and cloudy conditions on the cards, batting will not be that easy. On the other hand, the fast bowlers will enjoy bowling here.

Weather

The weather is expected to be windy and see variable cloudiness with a brief shower or two. The temperature can go up to 22 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover is 70 percent and the probability of precipitation is 80 percent. The wind will blow from the west.

Also Read:  Katherine Brunt becomes England's all-time leading T20I Wicket-Taker

Fantasy Playing XI

Amy Jones, Anneke Bosch, Danielle Wyatt, Sophia Dunkley, Laura Wolvaardt, Natalie Sciver, Chloe Tryon, Katherine Brunt, Sarah Glenn, Sophie Ecclestone, Ayabonga Khaka

Match details

Date: July 25, 2022

Time: 11PM IST

Venue: County Ground, Derby

Live streaming: SONY LIV

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here