Katherine Brunt becomes England’s all-time leading T20I Wicket-Taker

England locked horns against South Africa in their ongoing multi-format series during the 2nd T20I on 23 July which saw England seal the T20I series 2-0 with a game to go. In the process, Katherine Brunt surpassed her good mate in Anya Shrubsole to become England’s highest wicket-taker in the shortest T20I format across both men’s and women’s cricket.

Katherine Brunt becomes England's all time leading T20I Wicket-Taker. PC: Getty Images
Katherine Brunt becomes England’s all time leading T20I Wicket-Taker. PC: Getty Images

Long stuck on 98, Katherine Brunt edged past the 100 T20I wickets milestone in the opening T20I claiming 4 wickets and raising the tally to 102. The second T20I saw Katherine Brunt clean bowl Laura Wolvaardt on 21 to go past Anya Shrubsole and become England’s leading wicket-taker across both men’s and women’s cricket in the T20I format. Katherine Brunt recently retired from Test match cricket to focus on white-ball cricket and with 5 wickets in 2 games for a start, no one is complaining.

The fiery 37-year-old, Katherine Brunt now with 103 wickets to her name in 97 innings moves into the top 5 wicket takers in T20I’s. Brunt has reached the feat with an economy of 5.52 and best figures of 4/15. Anya Shrubsole aged 30 recently retired from all forms of international cricket with a total of 102 wickets in 79 innings with an economy of 5.95 and best figures of 5/13. The men’s list has Chris Jordan top the charts for England with 88 wickets in 77 innings with best figures of 4/6 and economy of 8.59.

Katherine Brunt is England’s leading wicket-taker in the other white-ball format, the ODI format as well with 170 to her name in 139 innings. She’s made it to the top 5 of that list as well as being the highest wicket-taker in women’s ODI. She’s been bowling with an economy of 3.57 and has picked up 5 fifers and 3 four-fer.

Also Read:  Complete Squad Analysis of Trent Rockets : The Women’s Hundred 2021

The next big assignment on and for England like many other nations is that of the upcoming Commonwealth Games and with Katherine Brunt leading the English pace attack with such a strong fight and fire, it’s a very big positive for England. England in group B plays Sri Lanka on 30th July, South Africa on 2nd August and their league stage game against New Zealand on 4th August. Teams have got to be in the top 2 of their groups to qualify ahead for the medal matches and for England to have a successful campaign Katherine Brunt will remain a key as to how she starts and finishes for the side on all outings.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here