Danielle Wyatt’s 87 off just 48 balls leads to a dominating whitewash of Pakistan

Experienced Danielle Wyatt reminds the world of her T20I prowess as England inflicts a dominating whitewash on Pakistan.

Danielle Wyatt's 87 off just 48 balls leads to a dominating whitewash of Pakistan
Danielle Wyatt’s 87 off just 48 balls leads to a dominating whitewash of Pakistan

The Heather Knight-led side clinched a comprehensive 65-run victory in the 2nd T20I to seal the three-match T20I series. Alice Capsey was awarded the Player of the Match for her all-round performance in the game.

England skipper Heather Knight won the toss and opted to bat first. The England openers Maia Bouchier and Danielle Wyatt got the home side off to a good start, scoring at 7 runs an over. Maia Bouchier was found short of her crease to provide the 1st breakthrough for Pakistan. Nat Sciver-Brunt joined Danielle Wyatt at the crease and the duo stitched a 23-run partnership for the 2nd wicket before skipper Nida Dar picked up the wicket of Nat Sciver-Brunt to provide the 2nd breakthrough for her side.

Skipper Heather Knight joined Danielle Wyatt at the crease and the duo stitched a crucial 59-run partnership for the 3rd wicket before Diana Baig provided the much-needed breakthrough for Pakistan. England lost a couple of wickets in quick succession and found themselves at 122/5 in the 15th over of the innings. Danielle Gibson joined wicket-keeper batter Amy Jones at the crease and the duo stitched a much-needed 27-run partnership for the 6th wicket. Skipper Nida Dar returned and picked up Danielle Gibson’s wicket to provide the 6th breakthrough for her side.

England eventually ended up with a total of 176 in their quota of overs. Danielle Wyatt (87 off 48 balls), wicket-keeper batter Amy Jones (26 off 15 balls), and Danielle Gibson (13 off 10 balls) were the top performers with the bat for England. Diana Baig (4-0-26-3), skipper Nida Dar (4-0-45-3), and Fatima Sana (4-0-29-1) were the top performers with the ball for Pakistan.

Also Read:  England Announces Squads for Pakistan Series, Freya Kemp returns in the mix

Chasing a target of 177, the Pakistan openers, Gull Feroza and Sidra Amin got the visitors off to a good start with a 60-run opening stand. Sophie Ecclestone picked up the wicket of Sidra Amin to provide the first breakthrough for England. Pakistan suffered a mini collapse as they lost their next three wickets for just 13 runs and found themselves in deep trouble at 73/4 in the 12th over of the run chase.

Pakistan were eventually restricted to 142/4 in their quota of overs, falling short of the target by 34 runs, despite of a 69-run 5th wicket partnership between skipper Nida Dar and Aliya Riaz. Aliya Riaz (35 off 27 balls), Gull Feroza (30 off 29 balls), skipper Nida Dar (29 off 24 balls), and Sidra Amin (26 off 29 balls) were the top performers with the bat for Pakistan. Sophie Ecclestone (4-0-19-1), Lauren Filer (4-0-25-1), Danielle Gibson (4-0-29-1), and Charlie Dean (4-0-46-1) were the top performers with the ball for England.

Danielle Wyatt was awarded the Player of the Match for her sensational match-winning innings (87 off 48 balls) with the bat. She played a crucial role in helping England clinch the 3rd T20I of the series by 34 runs. England wicket-keeper batter Amy Jones was awarded the Player of the Series for her brilliant performance with the bat, scoring 78 runs and her vital contributions with the gloves in hand from behind the stumps throughout the three-match T20I series.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here