1st T20I: England v South Africa | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The first T20I of the three-match series between England and South Africa will be played on July 21 at the County Ground in Chelmsford. The match will start at 11.30 PM IST.

1st T20I: England v South Africa | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The T20I series will be the last leg of the multi-format affair between the two teams. Prior to the T20I series, the two sides locked horns against each other in a one-off Test which ended in a draw and then in a three-match ODI series which England won 3-0.

Head-to-Head

England and South Africa have played 19 T20Is against each other, out of which England have won 15, South Africa have won three and one match did not produce a result.

Squads

England: Heather Knight (c), Maia Bouchier, Katherine Brunt, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Freya Davies, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Amy Jones, Freya Kemp, Nat Sciver (vc), Bryony Smith, Issy Wong, Danni Wyatt

South Africa: Sune Luus (c), Anneke Bosch, Trisha Chetty (wk), Nadine de Klerk, Lara Goodall, Shabnim Ismail, Sinalo Jafta, Marizanne Kapp, Ayabonga Khaka, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Tumi Sekhukhune, Chloe Tryon, Laura Wolvaardt, Mignon du Preez, Delmi Tucker, Masabata Klass

Players to watch 

Sophie Ecclestone: 

This left arm spinner from England is the world number T20I. She has played 50 T20Is and accounted for 68 wickets, including one four wicket haul. She bowls at an economy rate of under six runs per over. Making good use of her height, she has all the variations in the book and can give any batter run for her money.

Also Read:  Match 36: Marizanne Kapp's 4 Wicket Haul restricts Hurricanes to just 96 Runs

Sophia Dunkley: 

The right-handed top order batter of England had a good outing in the recently concluded three-match ODI series against South Africa. She mustered 180 runs at an average of 60, including one century and one half-century. She has looked in good touch and would be willing to carry her form in the shortest format too. 

Laura Wolvaardt: 

This right-handed opening batter of South Africa is the world number four batter in women’s T20Is. She has played 36 T20Is and muscled 618 runs at a strike rate of 112. She has three half-centuries to her name, including the best of 55 not out. She will be the key to Proteas’ batting.

Marizanne Kapp: 

She is one of the best all-rounders in the world of women’s cricket. This right-handed middle order batter and right arm medium pace bowler from South Africa is ranked three in the list of all-rounders in women’s T20Is. With 84 T20Is under her belt, she is an experienced campaigner. She has scored 1046 runs and picked up 66 wickets.

Pitch

The venue has hosted 11 women’s T20Is to date with the last one being played in September 2021. Out of the 11 matches played here, the teams batting first have won five and the teams batting second have won six. The average first innings score is 143 and the average second innings score is 113. The highest score achieved here is 226 and the lowest is 83. The cloudy conditions may assist the bowlers. Expect an exciting contest between bat and ball.

Also Read:  England beat South Africa by 26 Runs

Weather

The weather is expected to see variable cloudiness. The temperature can go up to 24 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover is 81 percent and the probability of precipitation is 14 percent. The wind will blow from the north-northeast. 

Fantasy Playing XI

Amy Jones, Danielle Wyatt, Heather Knight, Sophia Dunkley, Laura Wolvaardt, Natalie Sciver, Chloe Tryon, Marizanne Kapp, Issy Wong, Sophie Ecclestone, Shabnim Ismail

Match details

Date: July 21, 2022

Time: 11.30 PM IST

Venue: County Ground, Chelmsford

Live streaming: SONY LIV

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here