Match 4: Australia v Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The fourth match of the Ireland Tri-Nation Women’s T20I Series 2022 will be played between Australia and Ireland on July 21 at the Bready Cricket Club in Bready. The match will start at 8.30 PM IST.

Head-to-Head

Australia and Ireland have played seven T20Is against each other and Australia have won all of them.

Squads

Australia: Meg Lanning (c), Rachael Haynes (vc), Darcie Brown, Nicola Carey, Ashleigh Gardner, Heather Graham, Grace Harris, Alyssa Healy, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Tahlia McGrath, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Amanda-Jade Wellington

Ireland: Laura Delany (c), Ava Canning, Rachel Delaney, Georgina Dempsey, Amy Hunter, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Sophie MacMahon, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron  

Players to watch

Alana King: 

The wily right arm leg spinner of Australia won the player of the match in her last outing against Ireland. She scalped 9/3 in four overs and was the joint most economical bowler alongside Darcie Brown. She bowled well in the middle phase of the innings and in the death overs.

Beth Mooney: 

The left-handed opening batter of Australia led the run chase from the front in her last match against Ireland. The southpaw muscled an unbeaten 45 off 33 balls, including four boundaries and a six. In the process, she stitched a 68-run partnership with her captain Meg Lanning for the second wicket.  

Gaby Lewis: 

The captain of Ireland, who is a right-handed opening batter top scored with 47 runs off 41 balls, including five boundaries in her last outing against Pakistan. She set the tone for the run chase and scored more than half of the team’s total runs. She stitched a 55-run partnership with her opening partner Rebecca Stokell.

Also Read:  What did Harmanpreet Kaur say to Nasser Hussain's "schoolgirl error" jibe

Jane Maguire: 

The right arm medium pace bowler from Ireland accounted for 14/2 in three overs. She opened the bowling with Ava Canning and bowled well with the new ball. She was brought towards the back end and picked up both the wickets in the 14th over, which was the last over of the innings.

Pitch

This will be the fourth match of the tournament at this venue. The last match which was reduced to 14 overs a side saw 175 runs being scored. 11 wickets fell in the process. Fast bowlers were more successful than the spinners. With cloudy conditions expected for today’s match, the seamers will have an edge. Batting could be tricky if rain plays a spoil sport again.

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy and see some showers in spots. The temperature can go up to 18 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover is 99 percent and the probability of precipitation is 43 percent. The wind will blow from the north.

Fantasy Playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Beth Mooney, Gaby Lewis, Meg Lanning, Ashleigh Gardner, Tahlia McGrath, Laura Delany, Leah Paul, Alana King, Jane Maguire, Megan Schutt

Match details

Date: July 21, 2022

Time: 8.30PM IST

Venue: Bready Cricket Club, Bready

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 2: Australia v Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here