2nd T20I: Australia vs South Africa | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Following Australia’s convincing win in the 3-match Twenty20 International (T20I) series opener, visitors South Africa will look to bounce back and stay alive in the series. The 2nd T20I is scheduled for 5:15 AM Indian Standard Time (IST), on the 28th of January, 2024, at Manuka Oval, Canberra.

2nd T20I: Australia vs South Africa | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Squads:

Australia – Alyssa Healy (C), Darcie Brown, Heather Graham, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Grace Harris, Jess Jonassen, Phoebe Litchfield, Tahlia McGrath, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham

South Africa – Laura Wolvaardt (C), Anneke Bosch, Tazmin Brits, Nadine de Klerk, Mieke de Ridder (WK), Ayanda Hlubi, Sinalo Jafta (WK), Marizanne Kapp, Ayabonga Khaka, Masabata Klaas, Suné Luus, Eliz-Mari Marx, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Chloe Tryon, Delmi Tucker

Players to watch out:

Beth Mooney –

The 30-year-old batter, from 87 T20I outings, has amassed 2669 runs, including the highest of 117*, at an average of 41.06 and a strike rate of 122.93. Beth in the series opener notched up a 57-ball 72*, this has come on the back of successive scores of 17, 20, and 52* against India earlier this month. It’ll be hoped she carries on with this form.

Ellyse Perry –

The 33-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, from 93 innings, has racked up 1810 runs, including the highest of 75, and scalped 125 wickets from 133 innings, registering the best of 4/12. Ellyse in the India T20I series registered successive scores of 37 and 34*, and didn’t have a bowl. In the opener against South Africa, she returned figures of 2/13 and will be relied upon for the goods.

Also Read:  Top 7 Women Cricketers who will miss Commonwealth Games 2022 Event

Tazmin Brits –

The 33-year-old opening batter, at an average of 32.26, has added 1097 runs, including the highest of 78, from 43 T20I appearances. Tazmin’s growth is on the rise, particularly over the last year, and the same was reflected in her scores during South Africa’s recent home series. In this series, she registered a mature 54-ball 59* in the opener, and it’ll be expected of her to make the most of this start.

Marizanne Kapp –

The 34-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, from 81 outings, has accumulated 1224 runs and produced 78 wickets from 86 outings, registering respective bests of 56* and 4/6. Marizanne hasn’t been amongst runs lately, and it’ll be hoped she regains her touch in this series. While she has been effective with the ball, in the opener registered figures of 1/25 and it’ll be hoped she continues with it.

Pitch:

The wicket at Manuka Oval provides a certain degree of assistance to the batters. Although it is a batting-friendly surface, the average score at the venue remains in the 130s, indicating there’s assistance for bowlers, both spinners and pacers to exploit.

Weather:

The conditions at Manuka Oval are expected to be pleasant for cricket, with no anticipated rain interruptions and clear sunny skies. The temperature will be around 23°C, with light winds and humidity at 57%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Alyssa Healy, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Tazmin Brits, Phoebe Litchfield, Marizanne Kapp, Ashleigh Gardner, Chloe Tryon, Tahlia McGrath, Nadine de Klerk, Georgia Wareham

Match details:

Date – January 28, 2024

Also Read:  "If you are being highly critical" - Alyssa Healy's hilarious response to Mitchell Starc

Time – 5:15 AM IST

Venue – Manuka Oval, Canberra

Broadcast – The game will be telecasted by Star Sports and live-streamed on Disney+ Hotstar.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here