2nd T20I: Zimbabwe vs Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

In the ongoing 5-match Twenty20 International (T20I) series, visitors Ireland have taken the lead, registering a thumping win in the series opener, and the 2nd T20I is slated for the 28th of January, 2024, at 4:30 PM Indian Standard Time (IST), at Harare Sports Club, Zimbabwe.

Harare Sports Club.
Harare Sports Club.

Squads:

Zimbabwe – Mary-Anne Musonda (C), Kelis Ndhlovu, Beloved Biza, Chipo Mugeri-Tiripano, Adel Zimunu, Ashley Ndiraya, Nyasha Gwanzura, Loreen Tshuma, Chiyedza Dhururu (WK), Precious Marange, Audrey Mazvishaya, Kudzai Chigora, Nomvelo Sibanda, Francisca Chipare, Lindokuhle Mabhera, Pellagia Mujaji

Ireland – Laura Delany (C), Ava Canning, Alana Dalzell, Georgina Dempsey, Sarah Forbes, Amy Hunter, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Joanna Loughran, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Freya Sargent, Rebecca Stokell

Players to watch out:

Mary-Anne Musonda –

The 32-year-old batter, from 38 T20I appearances, has amassed 725 runs, including the highest of 60, at a strike rate of 109.84. In the 3-match ODI series against Ireland, Mary managed scores of 2, 41, and 23, and building on the momentum notched up a fine 46 in the T20I opener. It’ll be hoped she makes the most of this form, leading the charts.

Kudzai Chigora –

The 17-year-old pacer had impressed in the tour game against Ireland, registering figures of 2/33. Kudzai then made her ODI debut but finished with figures of 0/23 (2) and didn’t feature in the remaining 2 ODIs. In the T20I opener, she debuted in the shortest format registering figures of 2/46, and will be backed to deliver the goods.

Gaby Lewis –

The 22-year-old batter, with an average of 27.20 and a strike rate of 113.62, has racked up 1768 runs from 77 T20I outings and registered the highest of 105*. Gaby, following successive scores of 65* and 42 in the ODIs, has translated the same form into the T20Is, registering a solid 56. She’ll be counted on to deliver another match-winning knock.

Also Read:  2nd ODI: Zimbabwe vs Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Georgina Dempsey –

The 22-year-old all-rounder has claimed 5 wickets from 3 T20Is, averaging 9.40, maintaining an economy rate of 4.27, and registering the best of 2/8. The T20I opener was Georgina’s first game of the series, and she returned figures of 2/20. She will be banked on to make the most of this start, stepping up with the ball.

Pitch:

The Harare Sports Club provides a well-balanced center wicket that caters to both batters and bowlers. It offers runs for batters, evidenced by the average in the 120s, while also providing ample assistance to bowlers, particularly the pacers.

Weather:

It’ll be a bright sunny day at Harare Sports Club and the temperature is expected to hover at around 27°C with light winds and a humidity level of 55%. The clear forecast promises us a complete game of cricket.

Fantasy playing XI:

Amy Hunter, Gaby Lewis, Mary-Anne Musonda, Orla Prendergast, Laura Delany, Arlene Kelly, Kelis Ndhlovu, Georgina Dempsey, Precious Marange, Kudzai Chigora, Alana Dalzell

Match details:

Date – January 28, 2024

Time – 4:30 PM IST

Venue – Harare Sports Club, Zimbabwe

Broadcast – A live-stream link for the game will be shared on Zimbabwe Cricket – Women and Ireland Women’s Cricket social media pages.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here