Dhara Gujjar, Keerthi Reddy score Centuries for Bengal and Hyderabad respectively

On November 3, three matches were played among six teams of Elite Group C in Round 5 of the senior women’s one day tournament, a domestic competition in India.

Hyderabad vs Punjab – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Hyderabad and Punjab locked horns against each other at Alur Cricket Stadium in Bengaluru. Batting first, Hyderabad posted a respectable score of 202-7 in 50 overs, riding on opening bat Keerthi Reddy’s unbeaten 100 off 147 balls. In reply, Punjab chased down the score in 48.2 overs, winning the match by five wickets. Parveen Khan led the run chase by scoring 82 off 127 balls, including seven boundaries. With the ball, Punjab’s Mehak Kesar was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 3-31 in her nine overs, while for Hyderabad it was Yashashri, who was the top performer with the ball accounting for 3-60 in her 10 overs.

Brief Score: Hyderabad 202-7 in 50 overs (K Reddy 100 not out; M Kesar 3-31) lost to Punjab 206-5 in 48.2 overs (P Khan 82; Yashashri 3-60) by 5 wickets

Bengal vs Himachal Pradesh – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Bengal State Women's Cricket Team
Bengal State Women’s Cricket Team

Bengal and Himachal Pradesh played against each other at Alur Cricket Stadium III in Bengaluru. Batting first, Bengal posted a competitive score of 272-6 in 50 overs, thanks to opening bat Dhara Gujjar’s scintillating century. Gujjar smashed 115 off 148 balls, including 14 boundaries. Captain Rumeli Dhar chipped in with 65 runs off 61 balls, including six boundaries and a six. In reply, Himachal Pradesh were bowled out for a paltry 72 in 33 overs, losing the match by 200 runs. Captain Sushma Verma top scored with 18 runs off 45 balls. With the ball, Himachal Pradesh’s Harleen Deol was the pick of the bowlers as she accounted for 3-66 in her eight overs, while for Bengal it was Rumeli Dhar and Saika Ishaque, who scalped three wickets apiece.

Also Read:  Ayushi Garg's 72 and Prajakta Shirwadkar's unbeaten 77 help Rajasthan beat Hyderabad by 7 Wickets

Brief Score: Bengal 272-6 in 50 overs (D Gujjar 115; H Deol 3-66) beat Himachal Pradesh 72 all out in 33 overs (S Verma 18; R Dhar 3-4, S Ishaque 3-8) by 200 runs

Andhra Pradesh vs Rajasthan – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Rajasthan took on Andhra Pradesh at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru. Batting first, Rajasthan were bundled out for 144 in 49.4 overs and in reply, Andhra Pradesh were skittled out for 142 in 46.4 overs, as the former snatched victory from the jaws of defeat by just two runs. Suman Meena top scored with 52 runs off 89 balls for Rajasthan, while for Andhra Pradesh, Raavi Kalpana was the leading run-getter with 46 runs off 52 balls With the ball, Andhra Pradesh’s Bareddy Anusha was the pick of the bowlers as she claimed 3-35 in her 9.4 overs, while for Rajasthan, Suman Meena, Rinku Tak and Sumitra Jat accounted for two wickets apiece.

Brief Score: Rajasthan 144 all out in 49.4 overs (S Meena 52; B Anusha 3-35) beat Andhra Pradesh 142 all out in 46.4 overs (R Kalpana 46; S Meena 2-31, R Tak 2-35, S Jat 2-14) by 2 runs

Punjab, Bengal and Rajasthan have pocked 4 points each for their wins.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here