Sneh Rana’s 61* and Ramyashri’s 2 Wicket help Railways beat Tamil Nadu by 8 Wickets

On November 3, three matches were played among six teams of Elite Group B in Round 5 of senior women’s one day tournament, a domestic competition in India.

Odisha vs Mumbai – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Odisha and Mumbai locked horns against each other at Deccan Gymkhana Cricket Ground in Pune. Batting first, Odisha posted a competitive score of 251-5 in 50 overs and in reply Mumbai were skittled out for 182 in 40.4 overs, losing the match by 69 runs. Wicket-keeper and opening bat Madhuri Meheta top scored for Odisha with 81 runs off 115 balls, including seven boundaries, while for Mumbai, Vrushali Bhagat was the highest run getter chipping with 46 runs off 56 balls, including five boundaries. With the ball, Mumbai’s Hurley Gala, Vrushali Bhagat, Prakashika Naik and Humaira Kazi claimed one wicket apiece, while Odisha’s captain Madhusmita Behera and Rasanara Parwin accounted for two dismissals each.

Brief Score: Odisha 251-5 in 50 overs (M Meheta 81; H Gala 1-49, P Naik 1-31, V Bhagat 1-32, H Kazi 1-23) beat Mumbai 182 all out in 40.4 overs (V Bhagat 46; M Behera 2-38, R Parwin 2-40) by 69 runs

Railways vs Tamil Nadu – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Railways Women's Cricket Team
Railways Women’s Cricket Team

Railways and Tamil Nadu played against each other at PYC Gymkhana in Pune. Batting first, Tamil Nadu were bundled out for just 111 runs in 44.2 overs and in reply, Railways completed the formalities in 21.5 overs, winning the match by eight wickets. While MD Thirushkamini top scored for Tamil Nadu with 38 runs off 70 balls, it was Sneh Rana, who led the run chase for Railways smashing an unbeaten 61 off just 48 balls, including 11 boundaries and a six. With the ball, Railways’ Dayalan Hemalatha was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 4-19 in her six overs, including one maiden, while for Tamil Nadu, it was K N Ramyashri, who picked up 233 in her 10 overs, including three maidens.

Also Read:  Why the Indian women's cricket team deserves more longest format of the game?

Brief Score: Tamil Nadu 111 all out in 44.2 overs (M D Thirushkamini 38; D Hemalatha 4-19) lost to Railways 117-2 in 21.5 overs (S Rana 61 not out; K N Ramyashri 2-33) by 8 wickets

Uttarakhand vs Chandigarh – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Uttarakhand took on Chandigarh at Azam Campus in Pune. Batting first, Uttarakhand posted a respectable score of 231-6 in 50 overs and in reply, Chandigarh were bowled out for 128 in 47 overs, losing the match by 103 runs. Uttarakhand’s captain Anju Tomar (124 not out off 169 balls) led from the front as she scored a stellar century, with Sarika Koli chipping in with a useful 58 off 74 balls. With the ball, Amisha Bahukhandi was the top performer for Uttarakhand as she accounted for 3-17 in her 10 overs, including five maidens. For Chandigarh, Shivani Thakur top scored with 33 runs off 75 balls and Rajni Devi was the pick of the bowlers as she struck with 2-47 in her seven overs.

Brief Score: Uttarakhand 231-6 in 50 overs (A N Tomar 124 not out; R Devi 2-47) beat Chandigarh 128 all out in 47 overs (S Thakur 33; Amisha 3-17) by 103 runs

Odisha, Railways and Uttarakhand have pocked 4 points each for their wins.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here