Ayushi Garg’s 72 and Prajakta Shirwadkar’s unbeaten 77 help Rajasthan beat Hyderabad by 7 Wickets

On November 1, three matches were played among six teams of Elite Group C in Round 4 of senior women’s one day tournament, a domestic competition in India.

Hyderabad vs Rajasthan – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Hyderabad and Rajasthan locked horns against each other at Alur Cricket Stadium III in Bengaluru. Batting first, Hyderabad posted a respectable total of 192-7 in 50 overs and in reply Rajasthan chased down the target in 45 overs, winning the match by seven wickets. Hyderabad’s captain Ramya Sadanandam Doli (64) and Trisha Poojitha (58) were the two half centurions, while for Rajasthan, Ayushi Garg (72) and wicket-keeper bat Prajakta Shirwadkar (77 not out) smashed half-centuries to see their side home. With the ball, Rajasthan’s Rinku Tak was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 2-41 in her nine overs, while for Hyderabad, Yashasri Venugopal Soppadhandi, Pranavi Chandra and Bhogi Shravani claimed one wicket each.

Brief Score: Hyderabad 192-7 in 50 overs (Ramya 64; R Tak 2-41) lost to Rajasthan 193-3 in 45 overs (P Shirwadkar 77 not out; Yashasri 1-31, P Chandra 1-33, B Shravani 1-32) by 7 wickets

Bengal vs Andhra Pradesh – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Bengal and Andhra Pradesh played against each other at Alur Cricket Stadium II in Bengaluru. Batting first, Andhra Pradesh posted a modest score of 164-8 in 50 overs and in reply Bengal scored 158-3 in 35 overs, winning the match by seven wickets (VJD method). Andhra Pradesh’s opening bat C H Jhansi Lakshmi top scored with 67 runs off 107 balls, including seven boundaries, while for Bengal, opening bat Vanitha VR led the run chase scoring 61 off 62 balls, hitting nine boundaries and a six. With the ball, Bengal’s captain Rumeli Dhar and Mita Paul accounted for two wickets each, while for Andhra Pradesh, Bareddy Anusha was the lone wicket-taker scalping three wickets.

Also Read:  India A lead ODI series 1-0 against Bangladesh Women's A

Brief Score: Andhra Pradesh 164-8 in 50 overs (Jhansi Lakshmi 67; R Dhar 2-20, M Paul 2-25) lost to Bengal 158-3 (Vanitha 61; B Anusha 3-30) by 7 wickets (VJD method)

Himachal Pradesh vs Punjab – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Punjab took on Himachal Pradesh at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru. Batting first, Himachal Pradesh were bowled out for 147 in 49.3 overs and in reply Punjab scored 119-3 in 41 overs, winning the match by seven wickets (VJD method). Himachal Pradesh’s Shivani Singh top scored with 33 runs off 59 balls, including three boundaries and a six, while for Punjab, captain Taniya Bhatia led the run chase scoring 44 not out off 117 balls, including three boundaries. With the ball, Punjab’s Mehak Kesar was the pick of the bowlers as she accounted for 3-22 in her 10 overs, including two maidens, while for Himachal Pradesh, Anisha Ansari, Nikita Chauhan and Yamuna Rana claimed one wicket each.

Brief Score: Himachal Pradesh 147 all out in 49.3 overs (S Singh 33; M Kesar 3-22) lost to Punjab 119-3 in 41 overs (T Bhatia 44 not out; A Ansari 1-14, N Chauhan 1-20, Y Rana 1-22) by 7 wickets (VJD method)

Rajasthan, Bengal and Punjab have pocked 4 points each for their wins.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here