Vrushali Bhagat’s 72 and Humaira Kazi’s 68 help Mumbai beat Tamil Nadu by 43 Runs

On November 1, three matches were played among six teams of Elite Group B in Round 4 of senior women’s one day tournament, a domestic competition in India.

Mumbai State Women's Cricket Team
Mumbai Women’s Cricket Team

Odisha vs Chandigarh – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Odisha and Chandigarh locked horns against each other at Deccan Gymkhana Cricket Ground in Pune. Batting first, Odisha posted a healthy total of 253-7 in 50 overs and in reply Chandigarh scored 218-6 in 50 overs, losing the match by 35 runs. Odisha’s wicket-keeper bat Madhuri Meheta (76) and middle order bat Tanmayee Behera (53) were the two half centurions, while for Chandigarh, skipper Amanjot Kaur slammed an unbeaten 97 off 114 balls, including 12 boundaries. With the ball, Chandigarh’s Nandani Sharma, Parul Saini and Amanjot Kaur accounted for two wickets apiece, while for Odisha, Priyanka Priyadarshini and Rasanara Parwin claimed two scalps each.

Railways vs Uttarakhand – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Railways and Uttarakhand played against each other at PYC Gymkhana in Pune. Batting first, Uttarakhand were bowled out for a paltry 83 in 38.2 overs and in reply, Railways made lightwork of the chase as they completed the formalities in just 18.1 overs, winning the match by eight wickets. Uttarakhand’s Ankita Dhami top scored with 19 runs off 47 balls, hitting three boundaries, while for Railways, opening bat Punam Raut led the run chase scoring an unbeaten 30 off 41 balls, including three boundaries. With the ball, Renuka Singh and Preeti Bose picked up two wickets apiece for Railways, while for Uttarakhand, Amisha Bahukhandi and Radha Chand accounted for one dismissal each.

Also Read:  Lack of depth? Here are 60 Players that can make it to Women’s T20 Challenge 2021

Tamil Nadu vs Mumbai – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Mumbai took on Tamil Nadu at Azam Campus in Pune. Batting first, Mumbai posted a stiff score of 278-9 in 50 overs, and in reply Tamil Nadu managed to score 235-8 in 50 overs, losing the match by 43 runs. Mumbai’s Vrushali Bhagat (72) and Humaira Kazi (68) scored brilliant half-centuries, while for Tamil Nadu, opening bat Niranjana Nagarajan (80) was the lone half centurion. With the ball, Tamil Nadu’s captain Sathyamoorthy Balakrishnan Keerthana was the most successful bowler in the team as she scalped 3-48 in her 10 overs, including one maiden, while for Mumbai, Bhagat and Kazi picked up two wickets apiece.

Odisha, Railways and Mumbai have pocked 4 points each for their wins.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here