Rinki Rajak, Jetsun Chee, Rajni Lodhi and Debasmita Dutta score half-centuries

On October 29, three matches were played among six teams of the Plate Group in Round 2 of the senior women’s one-day tournament, a domestic competition in India.

BCCI Logo
BCCI Logo

Jammu & Kashmir vs Arunachal Pradesh – Senior Women’s One Day Trophy 2021-22

Jammu & Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh locked horns against each other at 22 Yards Salt Lake, Kolkata. Batting first, Jammu & Kashmir posted 139-8 in 50 overs, and in reply Arunachal Pradesh was bundled out for a paltry 45, losing the match by 95 runs. For Jammu & Kashmir, Nadia Chowdhary scored an unbeaten 51 off 69 balls with Sheerazah Banoo mustering 31 runs off 87 balls. For Arunachal Pradesh, Runa Sarkar, Sarpik Ligu and Bengia Ritu scalped two wickets apiece, while for Jammu & Kashmir, Ananya Sharma wrecked havoc with the ball as she accounted for five wickets.

Bihar vs Manipur – Senior Women’s One Day Trophy 2021-22

Bihar took on Manipur at JU Second Campus, Salt Lake, Kolkata. Batting first, Manipur scored 159-8 in 50 overs. Milan Yambem top-scored with an unbeaten 32 off 54 balls, including three boundaries. Bihar bowlers Apurva Kumari and Priti Priya were the picks of the bowlers for their team picking up two wickets each. In reply, Bihar chased down the score in 41.3 overs, winning the match by three wickets. Apurva Kumari was impressive with the bat as well as she mustered an unbeaten 40 off 74 balls, including seven boundaries. Manipur skipper Ganga Waikhom was the top performer with the ball as she struck with 3-33 in her 10 overs.

Also Read:  Punam Khemnar's 91 help Nagaland chase down Sikkim's 159

Meghalaya vs Sikkim – Senior Women’s One Day Trophy 2021-22

In a fiercely fought contest that was played at Eden Gardens, Kolkata, Meghalaya handed Sikkim a 5-wicket defeat as they achieved the target of 182 in 49.5 overs. Sikkim, in the first innings, posted 181-6 in 50 overs, thanks to twin half-centuries from Rinki Rajak (50) and Jetsun Chee (55 not out). For Meghalaya, Ajima Sangma was the pick of the bowlers as she accounted for 2-42 in her eight overs. In reply, Meghalaya’s Rajni Lodhi (68) and Debasmita Dutta (62 not out) were the top run-getters. Sikkim’s Purni Guruny struck with 2-42 in her 10 overs.

Jammu & Kashmir, Bihar and Meghalaya have pocked 4 points each for their wins.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here