5th T20I: Namibia v Netherlands | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The fifth and the final T20I between Namibia and Netherlands will be played on July 1 at the Sportpark Westvilet, The Hague, Netherlands from 7.30PM IST. The series is evenly poised and levelled at 2-2.

5th T20I: Namibia v Netherlands | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

In the fourth T20I, batting first, Namibia posted a respectable score of 130/8 in 20 overs and in reply Netherlands scored 71/2 in 11 overs to win the match by DLS method by five runs. Namibia’s wicket-keeper batter Yasmeen Khan muscled 69 runs off 44 balls while her counterpart from Netherlands, Babette de Leede mustered an unbeaten 33 off 38 balls. Among the bowlers, Namibia’s Wilka Mwatile was the lone wicket-taker for the team, on the other hand, for Netherlands, Iris Zwilling was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 22/3.

Head-to-Head

Namibia and Netherlands have played just five T20Is against each other, out of which Netherlands have won three and Namibia have won two.

Squads

Namibia: Adri van der Merwe, Dietlind Foerster, Edelle Van Zyl, Jurriene Diergaardt, Sylvia Shihepo, Irene van Zyl (captain), Mekelanye Mwatile, Sune Wittman, Kayleen Green (WK), Yasmeen Khan (WK), Merczerly Gorases, Shiomwenyo Namusha, Victoria Hamunyela, Wilka Mwatile

Netherlands: Juliet Post, Robine Rijke, Sterre Kalis, Heather Siegers, Iris Zwilling, Marloes Braat, Babette de Leede (WK), Jolien van Vliet (WK), Caroline de Lange, Eve Lynch, Frederique Overdijk, Gwendolyn Bloemen, Hannah Landheer, Isabel van der Woning, Silver Siegers 

Players to watch 

Wilka Mwatile: 

The right arm medium pace bowler from Namibia was the solitary wicket-taker for the team in her last outing against Netherlands. She struck with 10/1 in two overs. She opened the bowling with Irene van Zyl and was the most economical bowler in the team. 

Also Read:  Namibia to tour Netherlands for 5 T20Is between 27th June to 1st July

Yasmeen Khan: 

The Namibian wicket-keeper batter starred with the bat as she smashed 69 runs off 44 balls, including 11 boundaries in her last match against Netherlands. The right-handed top order batter came in to bat in the second over and was there till the 19th over of the match.

Babette de Leede: 

The wicket-keeper batter from Netherlands top scored for the team in her last appearance against Namibia. The right-handed top order batter led the run chase from the front with an undefeated innings of 33 from 38 balls, including four boundaries. In the process, she stitched a 58-run partnership with Sterre Kalis for the second wicket.

Iris Zwilling: 

The right arm speedster from Netherlands was the most successful bowler for the team in her last game against Namibia. She opened the bowling and scalped 22/3 in four overs. Out of the 24 balls that she bowled in her spell, she accounted for 14 dot balls.

Pitch

The last match that was played at this venue was a rain curtailed affair. However, a total of 31 overs were bowled in the course of the match and the wicket looked good for batting. 10 wickets fell in the process and the fast bowlers were more successful than the spinners. Being the final match of the series, expect a lot of fireworks in today’s game.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny and breezy. The temperature can go up to 19 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 25 percent chance of rain and 38 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the south-west.

Also Read:  Match 2: Fairbreak XI v Netherlands Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Fantasy Playing XI

Yasmeen Khan, Babette de Leede, Jurriene Diergaardt, Sterre Kalis, Adri van der Merwe, Iris Zwilling, Kayleen Green, Sune Wittmann, Eva Lynch, Caroline de Lange, Wilka Mwatile

Match details

Date: July 1, 2022

Time: 7.30PM IST

Venue: Sportpark Westvilet, The Hague, Netherlands

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here