Match 3: Typhoons v Scorchers | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The third match of the Arachas Super Series T20 Trophy 2022, a domestic competition in Ireland, will be played on July 1 between Typhoons and Scorchers at Rush. The first two matches of the competition that were scheduled on June 26 were abandoned due to rain.

Match 3: Typhoons v Scorchers | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Match Preview

Squads

Typhoons: Laura Delany (captain), Ava Canning, Sarah Condron, Georgina Dempsey, Rebecca Gough, Maria Kerrison, Robyn Lewis, Louise Little, Joanna Loughran, Tess Maritz, Lara McBride, Celeste Raack, Freya Sargent, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron

Scorchers: Gaby Lewis (captain), Christina Coulter Reilly, Rachel Delaney, Shauna Kavanagh, Anna Kerrison, Hannah Little, Sophie MacMahon, Niamh MacNulty, Aimee Maguire, Jane Maguire, Lara Maritz, Ellie McGee, Eimear Richardson, Jenny Sparrow, Siúin Woods

Players to watch

Laura Delany:

This right-handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler from Typhoons is an experienced international player and has played 72 T20Is for Ireland. She has scored 787 runs, including one half-century and picked up 41 wickets, including the best of 15/3.

Georgina Dempsey:

She is a talented all-rounder, who is a right-handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler from Typhoons. She has featured in T20Is for Ireland since her international debut in 2021. In the Arachas tournament, she had a good outing in the 50-over format and will look to continue the same in the T20s.

Gaby Lewis:

The captain of Scorchers is a right-handed batter and a right arm leg spinner, who has played 51 T20Is for Ireland. The prolific batter has mustered 1107 runs, including six half-centuries and a century. Apart from her batting, she can roll her arm over to bowl leg spin and has three international wickets in seven T20I innings.

Also Read:  Match 8: Scorchers v Typhoons | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Eimear Richardson:

She is a right-handed batter and a right arm off spinner from Scorchers who has played 52 T20Is for Ireland. She has played international cricket between 2005 and 2021. The experienced all-rounder has more than 500 T20I runs and 47 wickets in the shortest format.

Pitch

This will be the first match of the tournament at this venue. Expect a fresh wicket that will be nice and hard, aiding the batters. However, a strong chance of rain could make the toss important. The cloudy conditions can also assist the team bowling first.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy with a passing shower or two. The temperature can go up to 17 degrees Celsius in the day. The expected cloud cover will be 90 percent with 80 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the southwest. 

Fantasy Playing XI

Mary Waldron, Shauna Kavanagh, Gaby Lewis, Lousie Little, Rebecca Stokell, Laura Delany, Eimear Richardson, Georgina Dempsey, Ava Canning, Celeste Raack, Lara Maritz

Match details

Date: July 1, 2022

Time: 6.30 pm IST

Venue: Rush

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here