4th T20I: Namibia v Netherlands | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The fourth T20I between Namibia and Netherlands will be played on June 30 at the Sportpark Westvilet, The Hague, Netherlands from 7.30PM IST. Namibia lead the five-match series 2-1.

4th T20I: Namibia v Netherlands | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The first T20I which was rescheduled to be played on Thursday after being washed out on Monday saw Namibia beating Netherlands by three wickets. Batting first, Netherlands were restricted to 83/9 in 20 overs and in reply, Namibia chased down the total in 19.3 overs with three wickets in hand. Netherlands’ captain Heather Siegers (39) was the lone warrior in the fight as she was the only player to score in double digits while for Namibia, Kayleen Green led the run chase with a 24-ball 25. Among the bowlers, Netherlands’ Eva Lynch, Caroline de Lange and Frederique Overdijk struck with two wickets each while for Namibia Wilka Mwatile wreaked havoc with the ball bagging 18/4 in four overs.

Head-to-Head

Namibia and Netherlands have played just four T20Is against each other. Both the teams have won two matches each.

Squads

Namibia: Adri van der Merwe, Dietlind Foerster, Edelle Van Zyl, Jurriene Diergaardt, Sylvia Shihepo, Irene van Zyl (captain), Mekelanye Mwatile, Sune Wittman, Kayleen Green (WK), Yasmeen Khan (WK), Merczerly Gorases, Shiomwenyo Namusha, Victoria Hamunyela, Wilka Mwatile

Netherlands: Juliet Post, Robine Rijke, Sterre Kalis, Heather Siegers, Iris Zwilling, Marloes Braat, Babette de Leede (WK), Jolien van Vliet (WK), Caroline de Lange, Eve Lynch, Frederique Overdijk, Gwendolyn Bloemen, Hannah Landheer, Isabel van der Woning, Silver Siegers 

Players to watch

Wilka Mwatile: 

The right arm medium pace bowler from Namibia rattled Netherlands in her last outing. She scalped 18/4 in four overs, including 14 dot balls. She opened the bowling with Irene van Zyl and bowled well with the new ball. She picked up all her four wickets inside the powerplay.

Also Read:  Namibia to tour Netherlands for 5 T20Is between 27th June to 1st July

Kayleen Green: 

The Namibian all-rounder made useful contributions with both bat and ball in her last match against Netherlands. With the ball, she struck with 17/2 in four overs and with the bat, top scored with 25 runs off 24 balls. She played an instrumental role in Namibia’s three-wicket win over Netherlands in the last game.

Heather Siegers: 

The captain of Netherlands starred with the bat as she scored 39 runs off 42 balls, including four boundaries against Namibia in her last appearance. The right-handed middle order batter came in to bat in the second over and was there in the middle till the 15th over. She was the only batter from the Netherlands to score in double digits.

Eva Lynch: 

The right arm off spinner from Netherlands was the most economical bowler in her last game against Namibia. She conceded just eight runs off her three overs and claimed two wickets. Out of the 18 balls that she bowled, she accounted for 10 dot balls. She bowled well with the new ball giving the first breakthrough to her team.

Pitch

This will be the second women’s T20I that will be played at this venue. The first match was played just a few hours back. It was a low scoring contest as just over 160 runs were scored. The team batting second won the match chasing 84 runs in the last over of the game. A total of 16 wickets fell in the process. Batting has not been easy here. On the other hand, the bowlers have enjoyed bowling on this wicket. Expect another exciting contest between the two teams.

Also Read:  Match 3: Namibia vs Nigeria Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Weather

The weather is expected to be not as warm with periods of rain. The temperature can go up to 22 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 97 percent chance of rain and 85 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the north-west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Yasmeen Khan, Jurriene Diergaardt, Robine Rijke, Sterre Kalis, Heather Siegers, Iris Zwilling, Kayleen Green, Sune Wittmann, Eva Lynch, Silver Siegers, Wilka Mwatile

Match details

Date: June 30, 2022

Time: 7.30PM IST

Venue: Sportpark Westvilet, The Hague, Netherlands

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here