1st T20I: Malaysia v Singapore | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The first T20I of the three-match series between Malaysia and Singapore will be played on July 8 at the Indian Association Ground in Singapore. The match will start at 5PM IST.

1st T20I: Malaysia v Singapore Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI
1st T20I: Malaysia v Singapore Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Head-to-Head

Malaysia and Singapore have played 10 T20Is against each other, out of which Malaysia have won eight and Singapore have won two.

Squads

Malaysia: Winifred Duraisingam, Mas Elysa, Nik Nur Atiela, Sasha Azmi, Aisya Eleesa Firdauz, Ainna Hamizah, Elsa Hunter, Jamahidaya Intan, Wan Julia, Dhanusri Muhunan, Aina Najwa, Arianna Natsya, Nur Dania Syuhada, Zumika Azmi, Nurilyaa Natasya Asri, Amalin Sorfina Abu Jimi

Singapore: Roshi Ramesh, Dhwani Prakas, Piumi Gurusinghe, Johanna Pooranakaran, Zay Hua Tan, Chathurani Abeyratne, Riyaa Bhasin, Shafina Mahesh, GK Diviya, Vinu Kumar, Ada Bhasin, Ishita Shukla, Dhavina Sharma, Jocelyn Pooranakaran,

Players to watch

Winifred Duraisingam: 

The captain of Malaysia is a talented all-rounder, who is a right-handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler. She has featured in 33 T20Is and scored 548 runs, including three half-centuries. With the ball, she has accounted for 21 wickets at an economy rate of under five and a half runs per over.

Mas Elysa: 

She is a right-handed batter and a right arm leg spinner from Malaysia, who has played 35 T20Is. She has mustered 594 runs, including the best of 59 and has claimed 24 wickets, including one five wicket-haul. Malaysia will want this talented all-rounder to contribute with both bat and ball in the series.

GK Diviya: 

She is a right-handed batter and a right arm off spinner from Singapore. With 16 T20Is under her belt, she has been one of the best all-rounders in the team. With the bat, she has registered 285 runs, including the best of 77 not out and with the ball, she has bagged 13 wickets at an economy rate of just over three runs per over.

Also Read:  Preview: Match 1 – Malaysia vs Bangladesh Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad

Roshni Ramesh:

She is relatively new to international cricket with the experience of just eight T20Is to her name. She is a right-handed opening batter and a right arm medium pace bowler. She has scored 26 runs and picked up three wickets. Though her numbers may not speak about her talent, she is a good all-round cricketer.

Pitch

A total of six women’s T20Is have been played at this venue. Out of the six matches, the teams batting first have won three, the teams batting second have won two and one match was abandoned. The highest total score here is 140 and the lowest is 60. The average first innings score is 110 and the average second innings score is 91. The wicket is expected to offer an exciting contest between bat and ball.

Weather

The weather is expected to see times of clouds and sun with a thunderstorm in one or two spots. The temperature can go up to 32 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover is 52 percent and the probability of precipitation is 40 percent. The wind will blow from the south.

Fantasy Playing XI

Wan Julia, Ainna Hamizah, Intan Jamahidaya, Roshni Ramesh, GK Diviya, Mas Elysa, Shafina Mahesh, Winifred Duraisingam, Ada Bhasin, Arianna Natsya, Sasha Azmi

Match details

Date: July 8, 2022

Time: 5PM IST

Venue: Indian Association Ground, Singapore

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 16: Malaysia v Thailand | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here