Match 7: Scorchers v Dragons | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The seventh match of the Arachas Super Series T20 Trophy 2022, a domestic competition in Ireland, will be played on July 8 between Scorchers and Dragons at the Bready Cricket Club in Magheramason. 

Match 7: Scorchers v Dragons Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Match 7: Scorchers v Dragons Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Match Preview

Scorchers: Gaby Lewis (captain), Christina Coulter Reilly, Rachel Delaney, Shauna Kavanagh, Anna Kerrison, Hannah Little, Sophie MacMahon, Niamh MacNulty, Aimee Maguire, Jane Maguire, Lara Maritz, Ellie McGee, Eimear Richardson, Jenny Sparrow, Siúin Woods

Dragons: Leah Paul (captain), Amy Caulfield, Alison Cowan, Zara Craig, Alana Dalzell, Mollie Devine, Sarah Forbes, Abbi Harrison, Amy Hunter, Charlotte Lyons, Kia McCartney, Kate McEvoy, Cara Murray, Orla Prendergast, Jemma Rankin

Players to watch

Gaby Lewis:

This right-handed opening batter of Scorchers plundered an undefeated 104 off just 49 balls against Dragons in her last match. She smashed 20 boundaries and a six in her match winning innings to help her team chase 158 in just 15.5 overs. She also put together 94 runs for the opening wicket with her partner Bhavisha Devchand.

Ellie McGee: 

The right arm medium pace bowler from Scorchers wreaked havoc with the ball in her last outing against the Dragons. She scalped 14/4 in three overs and was the most successful and the most economical bowler for her side. She was the only wicket-taker for her team in that match.

Amy Hunter:

The right-handed opening batter of Dragons muscled 69 runs off 50 balls in her last match against the Typhoons. She hammered six boundaries and a couple of sixes during her blitzkrieg. In the process, she stitched a 59-run partnership with her opening partner Leah Paul.

Also Read:  Smriti Mandhana awarded as 'ICC Women's Cricketer of the Year 2021'

Leah Paul:

The all-rounder from Dragons had a good outing with both bat and ball in her last appearance against the Typhoons. Opening the batting, she mustered 20 runs off 21 balls, including three boundaries. With the ball, she claimed 23/3 in four overs, bowling left arm spin and was the pick of the bowlers for her side.

Pitch

This will be the first match of the tournament at this venue. Expect a hard new wicket that will assist the batters. On the other hand, the bowlers will be required to make good use of the new ball and seek assistance from the cloudy conditions at their disposal.

Weather

The weather is expected to see times of sun and clouds. The temperature can go up to 19 degrees Celsius in the day. The expected cloud cover will be 70 percent with 25 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west. 

Fantasy Playing XI

Shauna Kavanagh, Gaby Lewis, Amy Hunter, Alana Dalzell, Leah Paul, Ellie McGee, Sophie MacMahon, Rachel Delaney, Jane Maguire, Lara Maritz, Cara Murray

Match details 

Date: July 8, 2022

Time: 6.30 PM IST

Venue: Bready Cricket Club, Magheramason

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Ireland's Rebecca Stokell is ruled out of World Cup tournament
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here