Match 7: Sapphires v Warriors Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The seventh match of the Fairbreak Global Invitational T20 tournament will be played between Sapphires and Warriors at Dubai International Cricket Stadium on May 7. 

Match Preview – Match 7: Sapphires v Warriors Women

Match 7: Sapphires v Warriors Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads

Sapphires: Sana Mir (captain), Shabnim Ismail, Maryam Omar, Jade Allen, Grace Harris, Emma Lai, Elyse Villani, Shebani Bhaskar, Natasha Farrant, Kim Garth, Kary Chan, Geetika Kodali, Babette de Leede, Gaby Lewis, Christine Lovino

Warriors: Sindhu Sriharsha (captain), Hayley Matthews, Georgia Redmayne, Mignon du Preez, Kathryn Bryce, Shamilia Connell, Esha Oza, Mariana Martinez, Celeste Raack, Udeshika Prabodhani, Yasmeen Khan, Shameelah Mosweu, Shanzeen Shahzad, Bella Poon, Jennifer Alumbro

Players to watch out for

Shabnim Ismail: 

The South African pace sensation was the pick of the bowlers for Sapphires in the last match against Tornadoes when she scalped 3-20 in four overs. She opened the bowling and bowled well with the new ball.

Babette de Leede: 

The wicketkeeper and right handed top order batter from Netherlands top scored with 24 runs off 14 balls in her last outing against Tornadoes. She smashed five boundaries during her cameo.

Hayley Matthews: 

The star West Indian all-rounder starred with the ball for Warriors as she scalped 2-33 in four overs against Tornadoes in her last match. With the bat, the opening batter muscled 21 runs off 19 balls.

Georgia Redmayne: 

The wicket-keeper and left handed opening batter from Australia packed a punch with a 46-ball 48 for Warriors against Tornadoes in her last appearance. She set the tone for the run chase and laid a solid foundation.

Also Read:  Final: Falcons v Tornadoes Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Pitch

In the last day and night game that was played here, close to 300 runs were scored. The team batting first won the match. Batters enjoyed themselves on this wicket while on the other hand bowlers had a relatively tough time as only nine wickets fell during the course of the match.

Weather

The weather is expected to be clear and very warm. The average temperature will be around 29 degrees Celsius. There will be no cloud cover and there is no chance of rain. The wind is expected to blow from the east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Georgia Redmayne, Babette de Leede, Gaby Lewis, Mignon du Preez, Elyse Villani, Hayley Matthews, Kathryn Bryce, Kary Chan, Shabnim Ismail, Geetika Kodali, Udeshika Prabodhani

Match details

Date: May 7, 2022

Time: 9.30pm IST

Venue: Dubai International Stadium

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here