Match 5: France v Jersey Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The fifth match of the 2022 France Women’s T20I Quadrangular Series will be played between France and Jersey at Dreux Sport Cricket Club in Dreux on May 7.

Match 1: France v Jersey Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI
Match 5: France v Jersey Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Match Preview : France v Jersey Women

Head to Head

France and Jersey have played three matches against each other out of which Jersey have won and France have won one.

Squads

France: Lara Armas, Lena Armas, Sabine Baron, Cindy Bretéché, Tara Britton, Alix Brodin, Maëlle Cargouët (wk), Krystal Lemoine, Louise Lestavel, Magali Marchello, Poppy McGeown, Beatrice Pierre, Ganesh Pooja, Lydia Templeman, Blandine Verdon, Marie Violleau

Jersey: Rosa Hill (c), Tea Brocklesby, Florrie Copley, Erin Duffy, Chloe Greechan, Charlie Miles, Maria da Rocha, Erin Gouge, Lily Greig, Mia Maguire (wk), Georgia Mallett, Olive Smith, Trinity Smith, Grace Weatherall

Players to watch out for

Ganesh Pooja: The right handed middle order batter of France top scored with 21 runs off 36 balls against Jersey in her last match. She stabilized the innings and helped her team put up a modest score on board.

Marie Violleua: The left arm seamer from France was the only successful bowler in the last match that her team played against Jersey. She scalped 2-23 in 3.3 overs. She was the lone warrior in the fight as she did not receive much support from the rest of the bowlers.

Charlie Miles: The right handed opening batter of Jersey struck a delectable half century in her last appearance against Austria. She mustered an unbeaten 57 off 59 balls to help her side post 2-167 in 20 overs.

Also Read:  4th T20I: Austria vs France | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Georgia Mallett: The right arm seamer from Jersey was the pick of the bowlers in her last outing against Austria. She scalped 3-14 in three overs. She bowled well in the middle overs and at the death overs.

Pitch

The last match that was played here saw more than 250 runs being scored. The team batting first won the match. Batting looked easy in the first innings while it seemed to be difficult in the second.

Weather

There will be times of sun and clouds with a couple of showers expected through the day. There will be 70 percent cloud cover and 84 percent chance of precipitation. The average temperature will be around 20 degrees Celsius and the wind will blow from the north-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Mia Maguire, Maelle Cargouet, Lily Greig, Tara Britton, Charlie Miles, Lydie Templeman, Poppy McGeown, Georgia Mallet, Chloe Greechan, Cindy Breteche, Ganesh Pooja

Match details

Date: May 7, 2022

Time: 2.30pm IST

Venue: Dreux Sport Cricket Club, Dreux, France

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here