Semi-Final 1: Spirit v Falcons Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The first semi-final of the Fairbreak Global Invitational T20 tournament will be played between Spirit and Falcons at Dubai International Cricket stadium on May 14.

Semi-Final 1: Spirit v Falcons Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Match Preview – Semi-Final 1: Spirit v Falcons Women

Squad

Spirit: Nicola Carey (c), Bismah Maroof, Chaya Mughal, Natthakan Chantam, Anuradha Doddaballapur, Fatuma Kibasu, Shizuka Miyaji, Sophie Ecclestone, Diviya GK, Betty Chan, Sophia Dunkley, Sarah Bryce, Nattaya Boochatham, Ayabonga Khaka, Yasmin Daswani

Falcons: Suzie Bates (captain), Danni Wyatt, Britney Cooper, Marizanne Kapp, Mariko Hill, Theetha Satish, Sornnarin Tipooch, Kaia Arua, Nannapat Koncharoenkai, Chritina Gough, Gunjan Shukla, Marina Lamplough, Chamari Athapaththu, Anju Gurung, Jahanara Alam

Players to watch out for

Sophie Ecclestone: 

The world number one bowler from England won the player of the match for Spirit in her last appearance against Tornadoes. The left arm spinner scalped 5-8 in 3.1 overs. She opened the bowling and controlled the new ball well.

Nicola Carey:

The Australian all-rounder who is the skipper of Spirit made a match winning innings of 53 not out off just 26 balls against Tornadoes in her last outing. The southpaw smashed nine boundaries and a six during her blitzkrieg. She also bowled one over of right arm medium pace.

Suzie Bates: 

The star all-rounder from New Zealand who is the captain of Falcons top scored with an unbeaten 41 off 31 balls in her last outing against Tornadoes. She hit five boundaries coming in to bat at number four and played the anchor role for the team.

Gunjan Shukla:

The left arm seamer from Sweden was the lone wicket-taker for Falcons in the last match against Tornadoes. She struck with 2-32 in four overs. She opened the bowling and bowled well with the new ball.

Also Read:  Bismah Maroof to Lead Team Spirit in FairBreak Invitational 2022 Tournament

Pitch

In the last match that was played here the team batting second had a tough time. The team batting first won the match. More than 250 runs were scored through the course of the game. 14 wickets fell in the last match. Fast bowlers were more successful than the spinners.

Weather

The weather is expected to be increasingly windy with plenty of sunshine. The average temperature will be around 32 degrees Celsius. There will be no cloud cover and there is no chance of rain. The wind is expected to blow from the west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Sarah Bryce, Chamari Athapaththu, Sophia Dunkley, Suzie Bates, Danielle Wyatt, Sophie Ecclestone, Nicola Carey, Gunjan Shukla, Ayabonga Khaka, Shizuka Miyaji, Kaia Arua

Match details

Date: May 14, 2022

Time: 5.30pm IST

Venue: Dubai International Stadium

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here