Match 5: Tornadoes v Warriors Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The fifth match of the Fairbreak Global Invitational T20 tournament will be played between Tornadoes and Warriors at Dubai International Cricket stadium on May 6.

Match Preview – Match 5: Tornadoes v Warriors Women

Match 5: Tornadoes v Warriors Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads

Tornadoes: Stafanie Taylor (captain), Sophie Devine, Sterre Kalis, Andrea-Mae Zepeda, Katy Martin, Chanida Sutthiruang, Marry-Anne Musonda, Sune Luus, Sita Rana Magar, Aliya Riaz, Divya Saxena, Winifred Duraisingam, Natasha Miles, Maryam Bibi, Diana Baig 

Warriors: Sindhu Sriharsha (captain), Hayley Matthews, Georgia Redmayne, Mignon du Preez, Kathryn Bryce, Shamilia Connell, Esha Oza, Mariana Martinez, Celeste Raack, Udeshika Prabodhani, Yasmeen Khan, Shameelah Mosweu, Shanzeen Shahzad, Bella Poon, Jennifer Alumbro

Players to watch out for

Sterre Kalis:

The right-handed opening batter from the Netherlands who represents Tornadoes starred with the bat in her last outing against Sapphires when she scored a 29-ball 32. She provided a steady start to her team and was there in the middle till the 10th over.

Diana Baig:

The fast bowler from Pakistan opened the bowling for Tornadoes in her last appearance against Sapphires. She was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 2-15 in four overs. She bowled well with the new ball as well as at the death.

Georgia Redmayne: 

This Australian batter from Warriors top-scored with an unbeaten 80 off 61 balls in her last match against Falcons. The opening batter hammered 11 boundaries during her entertaining innings.

Hayley Matthews: 

The star West Indian all-rounder who plays for the Warriors struck a delightful half-century and picked up one wicket. The all-rounder opened the batting and muscled 58 runs off 35 balls to stitch a 90-run opening partnership with Redmayne. 

Also Read:  Sophie Devine takes over as New Zealand Captain

Pitch

The wicket will test the batters as it appears to be on a slower side. Conversely, the bowlers may enjoy themselves bowling at this venue and can exploit the slowness of the conditions to the full effect.

Weather

The weather is expected to be clear and very warm. The average temperature will be around 29 degrees Celsius. There will be no cloud cover and there is no chance of rain. The wind is expected to blow from the east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Georgia Redmayne, Katey Martin, Sterre Kalis, Esha Rohit, Mignon du Preez, Hayley Matthews, Sune Luus, Sophie Devine, Diana Baig, Sita Rana Magar, Shamilia Connell

Match details

Date: May 6, 2022

Time: 9.30pm IST

Venue: Dubai International Stadium

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here