Match 4: Austria v Jersey Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The fourth match of the 2022 France Women’s T20I Quadrangular Series will be played between Austria and Jersey at Dreux Sport Cricket Club in Dreux on May 6.

Match 4: Austria v Jersey Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Match Preview – Match 4: Austria v Jersey Women

Head to Head

Austria and Jersey have played two matches against each other. Both the teams have won one match each.

Squads

Austria: Gandhali Bapat (c, wk), Rezarta Avdylaj, Valentina Avdylaj, Harjivan Bhullar, Bangalore Chamundaiah, Smriti Kohli, Anisha Nookala, Mahadewa Pathirannehelage, Priya Sabu, Ashmaan Saifee, Hannah Simpson-Parker, Jo-Antoinette Stiglitz, Raphaela Trobinger, Busra Uca

Jersey: Rosa Hill (c), Tea Brocklesby, Florrie Copley, Erin Duffy, Chloe Greechan, Charlie Miles, Maria da Rocha, Erin Gouge, Lily Greig, Mia Maguire (wk), Georgia Mallett, Olive Smith, Trinity Smith, Grace Weatherall

Players to watch out for

Jo Antoinette Stiglitz: This right handed top order batter from Austria top scored with 29 runs off 22 balls, including three boundaries in her last match against Spain. She came in to bat at the start of the eighth over and was there in the middle till the end of 15th over.

Mahadewa Pathirannehelage: The right arm seamer from Austria wreaked havoc with the ball as she scalped 5-16 in four overs in her last outing against Spain. She claimed a hat-trick in the 16th over to help her side win the match by 35 runs.

Chloe Greechan: The left arm seamer from Jersey was the pick of the bowlers in the first match against France when she scalped 2-13 in four overs. She opened the bowling and bowled well with the new ball.

Also Read:  4th T20I: Austria vs France | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Charlie Miles: The right handed opening batter of Jersey led the run chase with an unbeaten 39 off 32 balls to steer her side to a seven wicket win over France in the first match. She played some good looking shots, including five boundaries in her innings.

Pitch

The wicket is expected to offer an exciting contest between bat and ball. It will not be too easy for either of the departments to outwit the other. Any score between 100 and 120 could be a challenging one to chase.

Weather

Areas of low clouds and fog in the morning followed by variable cloudiness are expected through the day. There will be 83 percent cloud cover and eight percent chance of precipitation. The average temperature will be around 22 degrees Celsius and the wind will blow from the north-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Gandhali Bapat, Harjivan Bhullar, Lily Greig, Tea Brocklesby, Jo Antoinette Stiglitz, Mahadewa Pathirannehelage, Georgia Mallet, Rezarta Avdylaj, Chloe Greechan, Valentina Avdylaj, Soujanya Chamundaiah

Match details

Date: May 6, 2022

Time: 6.30pm IST

Venue: Dreux Sport Cricket Club, Dreux, France

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here