Match 3: Barmy Army v Spirit Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The third match of the Fairbreak Global Invitational T20 tournament will be played between Barmy Army and Spirit at Dubai International Cricket stadium on May 5.

Match 3: Barmy Army v Spirit Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Match Preview: Barmy Army v Spirit Women

Squads

Barmy Army: Heather Knight (captain), Selina Solman, Laura Wolvaardt, Tara Norris, Deandra Dottin, Henriette Ishimwe, Kavisha Kumari, Shemaine Campbell, Iqra Sahar, Fatima Sana, Rumana Ahmed, Laura Cardoso, Roberta Moretti Avery, Rubina Chhetri, Ruchitha Venkatesh

Spirit: Bismah Maroof (captain), Chaya Mughal, Natthakan Chantam, Anuradha Doddaballapur, Fatuma Kibasu, Shizuka Miyaji, Sophie Ecclestone, Diviya GK, Betty Chan, Sophia Dunkley, Nicola Carey, Sarah Bryce, Nattaya Boochatham, Ayabonga Khaka, Yasmin Daswani

Players to watch out for

Deandra Dottin:

The star all-rounder from West Indies, who is a swashbuckling opening bat and more than handy right arm seamer, will feature for the Barmy Army. She is a seasoned campaigner having played 124 T20Is, scored 2681 runs and picked up 61 wickets. She has been playing international cricket since 2008.

Laura Wolvaardt:

The prolif South African opening batter will represent the Barmy Army. The right handed batter has played 33 T20Is for the Proteas and scored 588 runs, including three half centuries. She has a healthy strike rate of 115.

Sophie Ecclestone:

The world number one T20I and ODI bowler will play for Spirit. The tall left arm spinner from England has played 50 T20Is and has struck with 68 wickets in 49 innings, including the best of 4-18. Apart from her lethal bowling, she is more than a handy lower order batter.

Ayabonga Khaka:

This right arm speedster from South Africa will form a part of Spirit. She has featured in 36 T20Is and picked up 32 wickets, including the best of 4-23. She has been around at the international level since 2012. She is known for her consistency with her lines and lengths.

Also Read:  Complete Schedule and Squad of FairBreak Invitational 2022 tournament

Pitch

The venue is a batting paradise as the batters get value for their shots. The outfield is quick and plenty of boundaries can be expected. Bowlers on the other hand will have to outwit the batters if they want to get the better of the latter.

Weather

The weather is expected to be clear and warm. The average temperature will be around 28 degrees Celsius. There will be no cloud cover and there is no chance of rain. The wind is expected to blow from the south.

Fantasy Playing XI

Sarah Bryce, Bismah Maroof, Laura Wolvaardt, Sophia Dunkley, Deandra Dottin, Heather Knight, Nicola Carey, Rumana Ahmed, Ayabonga Khaka, Chaya Mughal, Sophie Ecclestone

Match details

Date: May 5, 2022

Time: 9.30pm IST

Venue: Dubai International Stadium

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and update

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here