Match 4: Barmy Army v Falcons Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The fourth match of the Fairbreak Global Invitational T20 tournament will be played between Barmy Army and Falcons at Dubai International Cricket stadium on May 6. 

Match Preview – Match 4: Barmy Army v Falcons Women’

Match 4: Barmy Army v Falcons Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads

Barmy Army: Heather Knight (captain), Selina Solman, Laura Wolvaardt, Tara Norris, Deandra Dottin, Henriette Ishimwe, Kavisha Kumari, Shemaine Campbell, Iqra Sahar, Fatima Sana, Rumana Ahmed, Laura Cardoso, Roberta Moretti Avery, Rubina Chhetri, Ruchitha Venkatesh

Falcons: Suzie Bates (captain), Danni Wyatt, Britney Cooper, Marizanne Kapp, Mariko Hill, Theetha Satish, Sornnarin Tipooch, Kaia Arua, Nannapat Koncharoenkai, Chritina Gough, Gunjan Shukla, Marina Lamplough, Chamari Athapaththu, Anju Gurung, Jahanara Alam

Players to watch out for

Heather Knight: 

The captain of England who is leading the Barmy Army won the player of the match in her last game against Spirit. The all-rounder made useful contributions with both bat and ball. She scored 36 runs off 25 balls and picked up 1-8 in three overs.

Laura Wolvaardt:

The South Africa run machine top scored with 38 runs off 33 balls for Barmy Army against Spirit in her last outing. She hit five boundaries batting at number three and set the foundation.

Chamari Athapaththu: 

The prolific Sri Lankan batter won the player of the match in her last outing for Falcons against Warriors when she plundered a blistering 107 not out off 55 balls to help her side register an eight-wicket win chasing 178. The left handed opening batter thrashed the opposition bowling attack to all parts of the ground.

Also Read:  India beat South Africa by 2 Runs in a Warm-Up Match

Suzie Bates:

The former captain of New Zealand who is leading the Falcons in the tournament crafted her way to a delectable 60 off 43 balls. The opening batter smashed eight boundaries and a six during her entertaining innings.

Pitch

The wicket seems to be on a slower side and the batters may not find it that easy to score runs freely. Bowlers may enjoy themselves bowling at this venue and can exploit the slowness of the conditions to the full effect.

Weather

The weather is expected to be very warm and less humid with plenty of sunshine. The average temperature will be around 38 degrees Celsius. There will be no cloud cover and there is no chance of rain. The wind is expected to blow from the west-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Shemaine Campbelle, Chamari Athapaththu, Suzie Bates, Laura Wolvaardt, Heather Knight, Rumana Ahmed, Sornnarin Tippoch, Deandra Dottin, Tara Norris, Fatima Sana, Jahanara Alam

Match details

Date: May 6, 2022

Time: 5.30pm IST

Venue: Dubai International Stadium

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here