5th Place Play-Off: PNG v Scotland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The fifth-place play-off match of the 2022 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifier will be played between Papua New Guinea and Scotland on September 25 at the Tolerance Oval in Abu Dhabi. The game will begin at 8.30 PM IST.

5th Place Play-Off: PNG v Scotland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Both teams won their previous matches on September 23. While Papua New Guinea beat the USA by seven wickets in the seventh-place play-off match, Scotland defeated UAE by 85 runs in the fifth-place play-off match.

Head-to-Head

Papua New Guinea and Scotland have played two T20Is against each other, and both teams have won one each.

Squads

Papua New Guinea: Kaia Arua (c)Melanie Ani, Vicky AraaHollan Doriga, Kevau Frank, Veru Frank, Sibona Jimmy, Ravina Oa, Tanya Ruma, Pauke Siaka, Brenda Tau, Henao Thomas, Mairi Tom, Isabel Toua, Naoani Vare

Scotland: Kathryn Bryce (c), Sarah Bryce (vc, wk), Abbi Aitken-Drummond, Olivia Bell, Priyanaz Chatterji, Katherine Fraser, Saskia Horley, Lorna Jack, Ailsa Lister, Abtaha Maqsood, Megan McColl, Katie McGill, Hannah Rainey, Rachel Slater, Ellen Watson

Players to watch

Sibona Jimmy: 

The talented all-rounder from Papua New Guinea won the player of the match in her last outing against the USA. She made valuable contributions with bat and ball. The left-handed opening batter led the run chase from the front with a valiant 33 off 30, hitting half a dozen boundaries. With the ball, the right-arm off-spinner claimed 1/2 in two overs.

Vicky Araa:

The right-arm off-spinner of Papua New Guinea was one of the most successful bowlers for her team in her last appearance against the USA. She accounted for 13/3 in her full quota of four overs. She bowled well in the middle phase of the innings, picking up two of her three wickets in the 15th over.

Also Read:  Match 3: Netherlands vs Scotland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Kathryn Bryce: 

The captain of Scotland smashed a delectable half-century in the last match against UAE. The right-handed top-order batter scored 51 off 39, including seven boundaries, and stitched a 60-run partnership with her sister, Sarah, for the third wicket. It was Kathryn’s fifth T20I half-century. She also bowled 2.5 overs and gave away just eight runs.

Ailsa Lister: 

The right-handed opening batter of Scotland bagged the player of the match in her last appearance against UAE. She muscled 60 off 44, including seven boundaries and a six. She provided a good start as she put together 56 runs with her opening partner Saskia Horley in the powerplay.

Pitch

This will be the tournament’s 10th and last match at this venue, with the ninth game being played early in the day. Out of the eight games played until yesterday, the teams batting first and second have won four each. The average first innings score is 123, and the average second innings score is 97. Batting has looked relatively easy in the first innings. The captain winning the toss may look to bat first and put up a high score on board.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny to partly cloudy. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 38 degrees Celsius. There will be 18 percent cloud cover and no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west-northwest. 

Fantasy Playing XI

Sarah Bryce, Ailsa Lister, Tanya Ruma, Kaia Arua, Priyanaz Chatterji, Sibona Jimmy, Kathryn Bryce, Saskia Horley, Vicky Araa, Ravina Oa, Katherine Fraser

Also Read:  Summary: A record stand between Sarah Bryce and Bethan Ellis gives Lightning their First Win

Match details

Date: September 25, 2022

Time: 8.30 PM IST

Venue: Tolerance Oval, Abu Dhabi

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here