5th Place Play-Off: UAE v Scotland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The fifth place play-off match of the 2022 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifier will be played between UAE and Scotland on September 23 at the Tolerance Oval in Abu Dhabi. The game will begin at 4.30 PM IST.

5th Place Play-Off: UAE v Scotland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Both teams have won one out of their three matches in the league stage of this competition. While UAE ended up at the bottom of the Group B table, Scotland stood third in Group A behind Bangladesh and Ireland.

Head-to-Head

UAE and Scotland have never played against each other. It will be their first T20I. 

Squads

UAE: Chaya Mughal (c), Natasha Cherriath, Samaira Dharnidharka, Kavisha Egodage, Siya Gokhale, Priyanjali Jain (wk), Lavanya Keny, Suraksha Kotte, Vaishnave Mahesh, Indhuja Nandakumar, Esha Oza, Rinitha Rajith, Rithika Rajith, Theertha Satish (wk), Khushi Sharma

Scotland: Kathryn Bryce (c), Sarah Bryce (vc, wk), Abbi Aitken-Drummond, Olivia Bell, Priyanaz Chatterji, Katherine Fraser, Saskia Horley, Lorna Jack, Ailsa Lister, Abtaha Maqsood, Megan McColl, Katie McGill, Hannah Rainey, Rachel Slater, Ellen Watson

Players to watch

Kavisha Egodage: 

The prolific right-handed top-order batter of UAE clinched the player of the match award in her last outing against Zimbabwe. She starred with the bat scoring an unbeaten 41 off 57, including three boundaries. She guided her team to a four-wicket win chasing 121.

Vaishnave Mahesh: 

The right-arm leg-spinner of UAE was the pick of the bowlers in her last appearance against Zimbabwe. The wily spinner claimed 15/3 in four overs. She bowled well inside the powerplay and towards the business end of the innings, picking up key wickets.

Also Read:  Preview: Match 8 – Bangladesh vs Scotland Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad

Kathryn Bryce: 

The captain of Scotland made handy contributions with bat and ball in her last match against Ireland. The right-handed top-order batter scored 18 off 14, including three boundaries, and with the ball, scalped 27/1 in four overs, bowling right-arm medium pace. She came in to bowl as the first change and struck inside the powerplay.

Sarah Bryce: 

The right-handed middle-order batter and wicketkeeper of Scotland top-scored with 49 off 35 in the last fixture against Ireland. She smashed half a dozen boundaries and a six in her entertaining knock. She led the run chase from the front and almost took her side home. However, in the end, Scotland fell shy of 19 runs, chasing 165.

Pitch

This will be the seventh match of the tournament at this venue. Out of the six games played here, the teams batting first and second have won three each. The average first innings score is 123, and the average second innings score is 103. The wicket has assisted the batters. Expect a high-scoring contest.

Weather

The weather is expected to see plenty of sunshine. It will be very warm with low humidity. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 41 degrees Celsius. There will be no cloud cover and no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Sarah Bryce, Kavisha Egodage, Lorna Jack, Priyanaz Chatterji, Saskia Horley, Kathryn Bryce, Esha Oza, Samaira Dharnidharka, Rachel Slater, Vaishnave Mahesh, Katherine Fraser

Match details

Date: September 23, 2022

Time: 4.30 PM IST

Also Read:  Match 7: Bangladesh v Scotland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Venue: Tolerance Oval, Abu Dhabi

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here