7th Place Play-Off: USA v Papua New Guinea | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The seventh place play-off match of the 2022 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifier will be played between the USA and Papua New Guinea on September 23 at the Tolerance Oval in Abu Dhabi. The game will begin at 8.30 PM IST.

7th Place Play-Off: USA v Papua New Guinea | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Both teams have played three matches in the league stage of this competition. While the USA has lost all games, Papua New Guinea has won one out of the three. The USA finished at the bottom of the table in Group A, and Papua New Guinea stood third in Group B behind Zimbabwe and Thailand.

Head-to-Head

The USA and Papua New Guinea have played one T20I against each other, and Papua New Guinea won that.

Squads

USA: Sindhu Sriharsha (c), Bhumika Bhadiraju, Taranum Chopra, Disha Dhingra, Sai Tanmayi Eyyunni, Preeti Iyenger, Mahika Kandanala, Geetika Kodali, Anika Kolan, Snigdha Paul, Lisa Ramjit, Ritu Singh, Yashaditi Teka, Suhani Thadani, Isani Vaghela

Papua New Guinea: Kaia Arua (c)Melanie Ani, Vicky AraaHollan Doriga, Kevau Frank, Veru Frank, Sibona Jimmy, Ravina Oa, Tanya Ruma, Pauke Siaka, Brenda Tau, Henao Thomas, Mairi Tom, Isabel Toua, Naoani Vare

Players to watch

Sindhu Sriharsha: 

The right-handed top-order batter and captain of the USA was the lone warrior in the fight against Bangladesh in the last match. The wicketkeeper-batter scored an unbeaten 74 off 71, including eight boundaries, to lead the run chase from the front. In the process, she stitched a 91-run partnership with Lisa Ramjit for the fourth wicket.

Snigdha Paul: 

The right-arm speedster of the USA was the solitary wicket-taker in her last appearance against Bangladesh. She opened the bowling with Disha Dhingra and struck in her second over. She bowled well with the new ball and was the most economical bowler for the USA. Apart from her bowling, she is known for her batting. She is a left-handed opening batter.

Also Read:  Sharmin Akhter Scores Bangladesh's first Hundred across ODIs and World Cup qualifiers

Vicky Araa: 

The right-arm off-spinner of Papua New Guinea picked up 23/4 in four overs against Thailand in her last game. She registered her best bowling figures in her T20I career. The wily spinner picked up wickets in the powerplay, in the middle phase of the innings, and at the death.

Tanya Ruma: 

The right-handed top-order batter of Papua New Guinea top-scored with 35 off 53 in the last fixture against Thailand. She smashed three boundaries in her innings and held the batting of her team together. She came in to bat in the third over and was there in the middle till the 19th over.

Pitch

This will be the eighth match of the tournament at this venue, with the seventh game being played early in the day. Out of the six games played here until yesterday, the teams batting first and second have won three each. The average first innings score is 123, and the average second innings score is 103. The wicket has assisted the batters. Expect a high-scoring contest.

Weather

The weather is expected to see plenty of sunshine. It will be very warm with low humidity. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 41 degrees Celsius. There will be no cloud cover and no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Sindhu Sriharsha, Tanya Ruma, Kaia Arua, Disha Dhingra, Snigdha Paul, Sibona Jimmy, Sai Tanmayi Eyyunni, Vicky Araa, Ravina Oa, Bhumika Bhadriraju, Geetika Kodali

Match details

Date: September 23, 2022

Also Read:  Warm-Up Match 10: USA U19 v UAE U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Time: 8.30 PM IST

Venue: Tolerance Oval, Abu Dhabi

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here