1st Semi-Final: Ireland v Zimbabwe | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The first semi-final of the 2022 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifier will be played between Ireland and Zimbabwe on September 23 at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi. The game will begin at 4.30 PM IST.

1st Semi-Final: Ireland v Zimbabwe | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Both teams have won two out of their three matches in the league stage of this competition. While Zimbabwe topped Group B, Ireland stood second in Group A behind Bangladesh, a team that has won all three matches in the round-robin format.

Head-to-Head

Ireland and Zimbabwe have never played against each other. It will be their first T20I.

Squads 

Ireland: Laura Delany (c), Rachel Delaney, Georgina Dempsey, Amy Hunter, Shauna Kavanagh, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Sophie MacMahon, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Eimear Richardson, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron

Zimbabwe: Mary-Anne Musonda (c), Christabel Chatonzwa, Francisca Chipare, Precious Marange, Sharne Mayers, Audrey Mazvishaya, Esther Mbofana, Chipo Mugeri-Tiripano, Pellagia Mujaji, Modester Mupachikwa (wk), Kelis Ndlovu, Josephine Nkomo, Loryn Phiri, Nomvelo Sibanda, Loreen Tshuma

Players to watch

Gaby Lewis: 

The right-handed opening batter of Ireland won the player of the match award in her last outing against Scotland. She muscled 66 off 37, including 13 boundaries, registering her seventh half-century in T20Is. In the process, she stitched a 62-run partnership with Orla Prendergast for the second wicket.

Jane Maguire: 

The right-arm pace sensation of Ireland, who opened the bowling, was one of the most successful bowlers for the team in her last appearance against Scotland. She claimed 19/2 in three overs, striking in her second and third over. She bowled well with the new ball and was effective inside the powerplay.

Also Read:  Match 7: Bangladesh v Scotland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Sharne Mayers: 

The right-handed opening batter of Zimbabwe top-scored with 23 runs off as many balls in her last match against UAE. She hit four boundaries in her innings. Though she gave a steady start putting together 34 runs with her opening partner Kelis Ndlovu, she perished against the run of play. 

Kelis Ndlovu: 

The Zimbabwean all-rounder had a good outing against UAE in the last fixture when she picked up 20/2 in her full quota of four overs. The slow left-arm spinner bowled well in the death overs, striking in the 16th and 18th overs of the match. Apart from this, she is a solid left-handed opening batter.

Pitch

This will be the seventh match of the tournament at this venue. Out of the six games played here, the teams batting first and second have won three each. The average first innings score is 108, and the average second innings score is 96. The wicket has looked good for batting. From the 12 innings that have been played here, only once has the bowling team been able to bowl out the opposition.

Weather

The weather is expected to see plenty of sunshine. It will be very warm with low humidity. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 41 degrees Celsius. There will be no cloud cover and no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northeast 

Fantasy Playing XI

Modester Mupachikwa, Gaby Lewis, Amy Hunter, Sharne Mayers, Kelis Ndlovu, Laura Delany, Eimear Richardson, Orla Prendergast, Nomvelo Sibanda, Arlene Kelly, Jane Maguire

Also Read:  Match 1: Thailand v UAE | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Match details

Date: September 23, 2022

Time: 4.30 PM IST

Venue: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here