Match 3: Bangladesh v Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The third 2022 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifier match will be played between Bangladesh and Ireland on September 18 at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi. The match will begin at 8.30 PM IST.

Head-to-Head

Bangladesh and Ireland have played nine T20Is against each other, out of which Bangladesh has won six and Ireland has won three.

Squads

Bangladesh: Nigar Sultana (c), Rumana Ahmed, Marufa Akter, Nahida Akter, Sharmin Akhter, Jahanara Alam, Fargana Hoque, Fahima Khatun, Murshida Khatun, Salma Khatun, Sanjida Akter Meghla, Lata Mondal, Ritu Moni, Sobhana Mostary, Sharmin Sultana

Ireland: Laura Delany (c), Rachel Delaney, Georgina Dempsey, Amy Hunter, Shauna Kavanagh, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Sophie MacMahon, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Eimear Richardson, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron

Players to watch

Salma Khatun: 

She is the most experienced T20I player in Bangladesh. With 78 matches under her belt, the right-arm-off spinner has accounted for 71 wickets. Apart from her bowling, she is more than handy with the bat. The right-handed middle-order batter has mustered 564 runs, including the best of 49 not out.

Fargana Hoque: 

The right-handed top-order batter of Bangladesh is the second-most experienced T20I player in the side. In her 72 T20Is, she has muscled  1064 runs, including a couple of half-centuries and one century. She is the only player from Bangladesh to register more than 1000 runs in women’s T20Is.

Laura Delany: 

The captain of Ireland is a right-handed middle-order batter and a right-arm medium-pace bowler. She has played 77 T20Is and scored 845 runs, including one half-century. She has 45 wickets in 63 innings with the ball, including the best of 15/3.

Also Read:  Final: Bangladesh v Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Arlene Kelly:

This New Zealand-born cricketer is a right-handed batter and a right-arm medium-pace bowler who plays for Ireland. She made her international debut this year and has featured in eight T20Is. She has picked up eight wickets in as many innings. Though she is still new in her international career, she has shown much promise.

Pitch

Before the start of this tournament, there was not a single women’s T20I played at this venue. Historically the wicket has looked good for batting. In men’s T20Is, the highest total achieved here is 225, and the lowest total scored here is 66. Expect a high-scoring contest.

Weather

There will be plenty of sunshine. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 38 degrees Celsius. There will be no cloud cover and no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Nigar Sultana, Fargana Hoque, Gaby Lewis, Sharmin Akhter, Laura Delany, Leah Paul, Salma Khatun, Arlene Kelly, Fahima Khatun, Jahanara Alam, Rachel Delaney

Match details

Date: September 18, 2022

Time: 8.30 PM IST

Venue: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here