Match 2: Zimbabwe v Papua New Guinea | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The second 2022 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifier match will be played between Zimbabwe and Papua New Guinea on September 18 at the Tolerance Oval in Abu Dhabi. The match will begin at 4.30 PM IST.

Match 2: Zimbabwe v Papua New Guinea | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Head-to-Head

Zimbabwe and Papua New Guinea have never played against each other. This will be their first T20I.

Squads 

Zimbabwe: Mary-Anne Musonda (c), Christabel Chatonzwa, Francisca Chipare, Precious Marange, Sharne Mayers, Audrey Mazvishaya, Esther Mbofana, Chipo Mugeri-Tiripano, Pellagia Mujaji, Modester Mupachikwa (wk), Kelis Ndlovu, Josephine Nkomo, Loryn Phiri, Nomvelo Sibanda, Loreen Tshuma

Papua New Guinea: Kaia Arua (c)Melanie Ani, Vicky AraaHollan Doriga, Kevau Frank, Veru Frank, Sibona Jimmy, Ravina Oa, Tanya Ruma, Pauke Siaka, Brenda Tau, Henao Thomas, Mairi Tom, Isabel Toua, Naoani Vare

Players to watch

Mary-Anne Musonda: 

The captain of Zimbabwe is a right-handed middle-order batter. She has mustered 454 runs in 29 T20Is, including three half-centuries. She has a healthy average of 27 and a stellar strike rate of 110. She is the third highest run-getter for Zimbabwe in this format.

Josephine Nkomo: 

She is one of the best all-rounders in Zimbabwe. She is a right-handed middle-order batter and a right-arm medium-pace bowler. She has mustered 316 runs in 20 T20I innings and claimed 26 wickets in 24 innings. While she has one half-century with the bat, she has a couple of four-wicket hauls with the ball. She has also captained Zimbabwe in the absence of Musonda.

Kaia Arua: 

The skipper of Papua New Guinea is a right-handed middle order batter and left-arm spinner. She has played 21 T20Is and registered 199 runs, including the best of 27. With the ball, the wily spinner has 22 wickets in 19 innings, including the best of 7/5. She will be required to contribute as an all-rounder and as a captain.

Also Read:  Match 9: Bangladesh v USA | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Tanya Ruma: 

She is a right-handed middle-order batter from Papua New Guinea. In her 22 T20I outings, she has registered 324 runs, including one half-century. She has the highest score of 66 in this format. She is one of the most experienced players in the side and will be the key to her team’s batting.

Pitch

This will be the first women’s T20I to be played at this venue. Before this, the venue hosted nine men’s T20Is. The teams batting first have won four, and the teams batting second have won five. The average first innings score is 127 and the average second innings score is 111. The wicket is expected to offer an exciting contest between bat and ball.

Weather

There will be plenty of sunshine. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 38 degrees Celsius. There will be no cloud cover and no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Modester Mupachikwa, Chipo Mugeri-Tiripano, Mary-Anne Musonda, Tanya Ruma, Josephine Nkomo, Kaia Arua, Kelis Ndlovu, Sibona Jimmy, Mairi Tom, Nomvelo Sibanda, Ravina Oa

Match details

Date: September 18, 2022

Time: 4.30 PM IST

Venue: Tolerance Oval, Abu Dhabi

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here