Warm-up Match 2: Sri Lanka v Ireland | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The ICC Women’s World T20 2023 kick starts on February 10 in South Africa. Before the tournament commences, the 10 participating teams will play a couple of warm-up fixtures on February 6 and 8.

Warm-up Match 2: Sri Lanka v Ireland | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The second warm-up match will be between Sri Lanka and Ireland on February 6 at Stellenbosch University 1 in Western Cape. The game will begin at 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL).

Squads

Sri Lanka: Chamari Athapaththu (c), Oshadi Ranasinghe, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Nilakshi de Silva, Kavisha Dilhari, Anushka Sanjeewani, Kaushini Nuthyangana, Malsha Shehani, Inoka Ranaweera, Sugandika Kumari, Achini Kulasuriya, Vishmi Gunaratne, Tharika Sewwandi, Ama Kanchana, Sathya Sandeepani

Ireland: Laura Delany (c), Rachel Delaney, Georgina Dempsey, Amy Hunter, Shauna Kavanagh, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Louise Little, Sophie MacMahon, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Eimear Richardson, Mary Waldron

Players to watch

Chamari Athapaththu:

The skipper of Sri Lanka is a prolific left-handed opening batter and more than a handy right-arm off-spinner. She has featured in 106 T20Is and has piled up 2181 runs, including one century and five half-centuries. She has also claimed 32 wickets in 53 innings.

Oshadi Ranasinghe: 

Age is just a number for this 36-year-old wily right-arm off-spinner of Sri Lanka. She has been a part of 57 T20Is and has accounted for 51 wickets. She can bowl with the new ball too. Besides her bowling, she can make valuable contributions with the bat in the middle order.

Laura Delany: 

The captain of Ireland is a right-handed middle-order batter and a right-arm medium-pacer. She is a genuine all-rounder who can make match-winning contributions with either skill. In 85 T20Is, she has mustered 945 runs and scalped 55 wickets.

Also Read:  Ireland's Rebecca Stokell is ruled out of World Cup tournament

Orla Prendergast:

The dashing all-rounder of Ireland is a right-handed batter and a right-arm seamer. Though she is still in her early days as an international cricketer, the 20-year-old has taken some giant strides at the highest level. She has registered 480 runs in 28 T20I innings and has 17 wickets under her belt.

Pitch

It will be the first warm-up fixture of the tournament at the venue. Expect a new wicket that will aid the batters. Scoring runs could be easy here. A high-scoring battle could be on the cards. However, the fast bowlers may get some help with the new ball, given the morning start.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny, very warm, and humid. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 29 degrees Celsius. There will be a seven percent cloud cover and a two percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the south-southwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Anushka Sanjeewani, Gaby Lewis, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Nilakshi de Silva, Chamari Athapaththu, Laura Delany, Orla Prendergast, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Arlene Kelly, Inoka Ranaweera, Sugandika Kumari

Match details

Date: February 6, 2023

Time: 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL)

Venue: Stellenbosch University 1, Western Cape

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  SWOT Analysis of West Indies Squad selected for ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2023
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here