Match 6: Ireland v England | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The sixth match of the ICC Women’s World T20 2023 will be played between Ireland and England on February 13 at Boland Park in Paarl. The game will begin at 6.30 PM IST (3 PM LOCAL).

Match 6: Ireland v England | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

While Ireland will play their first match in the tournament, England will feature in their second, having won against West Indies by seven wickets.

Head-to-Head

Ireland and England have played one T20I against each other, and England won that game. It was played in 2012.

Squads

Ireland: Laura Delany (c), Rachel Delaney, Georgina Dempsey, Amy Hunter, Shauna Kavanagh, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Louise Little, Sophie MacMahon, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Eimear Richardson, Mary Waldron

England: Heather Knight (c), Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Freya Davies, Charlie Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Amy Jones, Katherine Sciver-Brunt, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Lauren Winfield-Hill, Danni Wyatt

Players to watch

Orla Prendergast:

The talented all-rounder of Ireland made useful contributions with bat and ball in her last warm-up appearance against Australia. The right-arm seamer opened the bowling and accounted for 19/2 in four overs. She also smashed 26 off 15, batting at number three.

Laura Delany: 

The skipper of Ireland led the run chase from the front in the last warm-up game against Australia. The right-handed middle-order batter scored 32 off 28, including six hits to the fence. She also bowled three overs of right-arm medium-pace and gave away 29 runs.

Natalie Sciver-Brunt: 

The star England all-rounder won the player of the match award in the last encounter against West Indies. The right-handed middle-order batter muscled an unbeaten 40 off 30, including six boundaries and a six. She also bowled a couple of overs of right-arm medium-pace and gave away 14 runs.

Also Read:  Match 50: Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Stars | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Sophie Ecclestone: 

The wily left-arm spinner of England was the most successful bowler for her side in the last fixture against West Indies. She snapped 23/3 in four overs and was effective in the middle and death overs. She was also the second-most economical bowler for her team.

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s third match at the venue. Out of the two games played, the teams batting first and second have won one each. The surface looks good for batting. A high-scoring contest could be on the cards.

Weather

The weather is expected to be hot with plenty of sunshine. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 36 degrees Celsius. There will be a zero percent cloud cover and a one percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Amy Jones, Heather Knight, Sophia Dunkley, Danielle Wyatt, Gaby Lewis, Natalie Sciver-Brunt, Katherine Sciver-Brunt, Laura Delany, Orla Prendergast, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn

Match details

Date: February 13, 2023

Time: 6.30 PM IST (3 PM LOCAL)

Venue: Boland Park, Paarl

Live streaming: Star Sports Network

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here