Warm-up Match 1: New Zealand v West Indies | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The ICC Women’s World T20 2023 kick starts on February 10 in South Africa. Before the tournament commences, the 10 participating teams will play a couple of warm-up fixtures on February 6 and 8.

Warm-up Match 1: New Zealand v West Indies | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The first warm-up match will be between New Zealand and West Indies on February 6 at the Western Province Cricket Club in Cape Town. The game will begin at 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL).

Squads

New Zealand: Sophie Devine (c), Suzie Bates, Bernadine Bezuidenhout, Eden Carson, Lauren Down, Maddy Green, Brooke Halliday, Hayley Jensen, Fran Jonas, Amelia Kerr, Jess Kerr, Molly Penfold, Georgia Plimmer, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

West Indies: Hayley Matthews (c), Shemaine Campbelle (vc), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shamilia Connell, Afy Fletcher, Shabika Gajnabi, Chinelle Henry, Trishan Holder, Zaida James, Djenaba Joseph, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Shakera Selman, Stafanie Taylor, Rashada Williams

Players to watch

Sophie Devine:

The skipper of New Zealand is a prolific right-handed opening batter and more than a handy right-arm medium-pacer. She has featured in 115 T20Is and has piled up close to 3000 runs. She also has 110 wickets in her kitty.

Amelia Kerr: 

The star all-rounder of New Zealand is a right-handed batter and a right-arm leg-spinner. She has been a part of 55 T20Is and has registered 544 runs in 37 innings. She has also accounted for 52 wickets and can bowl tough overs.

Hayley Matthews: 

The West Indies captain will be expected to contribute with bat and ball. She is a right-handed opening batter and a right-arm off-spinner. However, she can also bat in the middle order. In 78 T20Is, she has muscled 1451 runs and snapped 74 scalps.

Also Read:  Quadriceps strain rules out skipper Sophie Devine out of 5th T20I against England

Stafanie Taylor:

The former captain of West Indies is recovering from a back injury and will be available for selection, subject to her fitness. She is an experienced campaigner, having played 111 T20Is. The right-handed batter has scored 3121 runs and picked up 98 wickets bowling off-spin.

Pitch

It will be the first warm-up match of the tournament at the venue. Expect a fresh surface that will be nicely baked under the sun. Batters will enjoy playing here, and a high-scoring contest could be on the cards. Given the morning start, the fast bowlers may get assistance with the new ball before the sun gets hotter.

Weather

The weather is expected to be nice with sunshine. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 26 degrees Celsius. There will be an eight percent cloud cover and a one percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the south.

Fantasy Playing XI

Bernadine Bezuidenhout, Maddy Green, Stafanie Taylor, Suzie Bates, Amelia Kerr, Hayley Matthews, Sophie Devine, Hayley Jensen, Jess Kerr, Shakera Selman, Shamilia Connell

Match details

Date: February 6, 2023

Time: 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL)

Venue: Western Province Cricket Club, Cape Town

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 11: Australia v Sri Lanka | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here