Match 14: India v England | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The 14th match of the ICC Women’s World T20 2023 will be played between India and England on February 18 at St. George’s Park in Gqeberha. The game will begin at 6.30 PM IST (3 PM LOCAL).

Match 14: India v England | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Both teams will play their third match in the tournament, having won their previous two games. While India beat Pakistan and West Indies, England defeated Ireland and West Indies.

Head-to-Head

India and England have played 26 T20Is against each other, out of which India have won seven, and England have won 19.

Squads

India: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Yastika Bhatia, Richa Ghosh, Jemimah Rodrigues, Harleen Deol, Deepti Sharma, Devika Vaidya, Radha Yadav, Renuka Thakur, Anjali Sarvani, Pooja Vastrakar, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Shikha Pandey

England: Heather Knight (c), Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Freya Davies, Charlie Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Amy Jones, Katherine Sciver-Brunt, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Lauren Winfield-Hill, Danni Wyatt

Players to watch

Deepti Sharma:

The dashing all-rounder of India won the player of the match award in her last appearance against West Indies. The wily right-arm off-spinner snapped 3/15 in four overs and was the most economical bowler for her side.

Richa Ghosh: 

The wicket-keeper and right-handed middle-order batter of India top-scored with an undefeated 44 off 32 in the last game against West Indies. She muscled five boundaries in her match-winning innings and stitched a 72-run partnership with captain Harmanpreet Kaur for the fourth wicket.

Alice Capsey:

The right-handed top-order batter of England bagged the player of the match award in the last encounter against Ireland. The teenage sensation packed a punch with a 22-ball 51, including 10 boundaries and a six.

Also Read:  Semi-Final 2: South Africa v England | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Sophie Ecclestone: 

The wily left-arm spinner of England was one of the most successful bowlers for her side in the last fixture against Ireland. She scalped 3/13 in four overs, including one maiden. She was also the most economical bowler for her team.

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s third match at the venue. The teams batting second have won the last two games played here. The surface is expected to offer an exciting contest between bat and ball. However, a high chance of rain could play a spoilsport.

Weather

The weather is expected to see showers bringing heavy rainfall in the morning. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 24 degrees Celsius. There will be a 99 percent cloud cover and a 90 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the south.

Fantasy Playing XI

Richa Ghosh, Heather Knight, Shafali Verma, Harmanpreet Kaur, Smriti Mandhana, Deepti Sharma, Alice Capsey, Natalie Sciver-Brunt, Pooja Vastrakar, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn

Match details

Date: February 18, 2023

Time: 6.30 PM IST (3 PM LOCAL)

Venue: St. George’s Park, Gqeberha

Live streaming: Star Sports Network

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here