England’s squad for Women’s T20 World Cup 2023 announced, Alice Capsey returns

England has named a fifteen-member squad ahead of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2023 to be played in South Africa. England has chosen to retain the core of their current players for the World Cup squad that featured in the T20I series where they whitewashed West Indies 5-0.

England's squad for Women’s T20 World Cup 2023 announced, Alice Capsey returns. PC: Getty Images
England’s squad for Women’s T20 World Cup 2023 announced, Alice Capsey returns. PC: Getty Images

Heather Knight is set to lead the team for the third T20 World Cup in a row and boasts of a strong side. Kate Cross has also been added to the squad with Issy Wong and Dani Gibson serving as the travelling reserves. Another interesting addition has been that of Alice Capsey who has been named in the squad after an unfortunate collarbone injury ruled her out during the Caribbean series but she is yet to recover fully and will be racing against time to feature in the playing eleven.

England is placed in Group B and will square off against the likes of India, Ireland, Pakistan and West Indies in the quest for a place in the semi-finals. England will also play three warm-up matches versus heavyweights New Zealand in the lead-up to the World Cup.

Speaking on the squad, John Lewis, the Head Coach for the England Women’s Team said, “It’s always exciting to name a World Cup squad, and there’s a great deal of talent in this group. We saw a lot of good things in the West Indies, a lot of progress around shifting our mindset as a team, and I’m excited to see how we take that into the challenge of a global tournament. It’s an honour for me to lead a team into a World Cup and I know that we will be giving it everything we have got, not only to show everyone who we are as a team and how we want to play, but also to keep inspiring people to play the game we all love so much.”

Also Read:  Warm-up Match 8: Pakistan v South Africa | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

England’s squad for Women’s T20 World Cup 2023

Heather Knight (c), Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Katherine Brunt, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Freya Davies, Charlie Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Amy Jones, Nat Sciver, Lauren Winfield-Hill, Danni Wyatt.

Travelling Reserves: Issy Wong, Dani Gibson.

I am a first year postgraduate student pursuing a MA in Media and Communication Studies at Christ University, Bengaluru. I am a podcaster, blogger and an avid cricket fan. When not glued to cricket matches, you can find me submerged in books and thinking about cricket all the time.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here