Match 8: Australia v Bangladesh | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The eighth match of the ICC Women’s World T20 2023 will be played between Australia and Bangladesh on February 14 at St. George’s Park in Gqeberha. The game will begin at 10.30 PM IST (7 PM LOCAL).

Match 8: Australia v Bangladesh | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Both teams will play their second match in the tournament. While Australia have won their game against New Zealand, Bangladesh have lost theirs to Sri Lanka.

Head-to-Head

Australia and Bangladesh have played one T20I against each other, and Australia have won that.

Squads

Australia: Meg Lanning (c), Alyssa Healy (vc), Darcie Brown, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Heather Graham, Grace Harris, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Tahlia McGrath, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham

Bangladesh: Nigar Sultana Joty (c) Marufa Akter, Fargana Hoque Pinky, Fahima Khatun, Shorna Akter, Salma Khatun, Jahanara Alam, Shamima Sultana, Murshida Khatun, Nahida Akter, Rumana Ahmed, Lata Mondol, Ritu Moni, Disha Biswas, Sobhana Mostary

Players to watch

Alyssa Healy:

The right-handed opening batter of Australia top-scored with a belligerent 55 off 38 in her last appearance against New Zealand. She hammered nine boundaries in her entertaining innings. She stitched a 70-run partnership with Meg Lanning and a 50-run stand with Ellyse Perry.

Ashleigh Gardner: 

The star all-rounder of Australia won the player of the match award in the last game against New Zealand. The off-spinner wreaked havoc with the ball as she scalped 12/5 in three overs. Besides her bowling, she is a hard-hitting middle-order batter.

Sobhana Mostary: 

The right-handed top-order batter of Bangladesh starred with the bat in the last encounter against Sri Lanka. She mustered 29 off 32, including five boundaries. She came into bat in the second over and was there till the 10th.

Also Read:  Semi-Final 2: Australia v New Zealand Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Marufa Akter: 

The right-arm seamer of Bangladesh was the most successful bowler and the lone wicket-taker for her side in the last fixture against Sri Lanka. She snapped 23/3 in four overs, including one maiden. She came into bowl as the first change and bowled well with the new ball inside the powerplay.

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s first match at the venue and also the first women’s T20I. Expect a fresh surface that will offer plenty of runs. However, a thick cloud cover may assist the fast bowlers. A high chance of rain may play a spoilsport. So, the toss will be important.

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy with a passing shower or two. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 23 degrees Celsius. There will be a 99 percent cloud cover and an 85 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the south-southwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Nigar Sultana, Meg Lanning, Sobhana Mostary, Grace Harris, Ashleigh Gardner, Ellyse Perry, Salma Khatun, Marufa Akter, Megan Schutt, Darcie Brown

Match details

Date: February 14, 2023

Time: 10.30 PM IST (7 PM LOCAL)

Venue: St. George’s Park, Gqeberha

Live streaming: Star Sports Network

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Eliminator: Sydney Thunder vs Brisbane Heat | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here