“Indian team should make good use of the DRS,” says Soniya Dabir, Former India Cricketer

Former cricketer Soniya Dabir, who has represented India in 4 women’s one-day international and 13 Twenty20 international matches is part of Female Cricket’s Expert Panel for the upcoming Women’s T20 World Cup 2020. Here’s what Soniya Dabir has to say about tomorrow’s game between India and Bangladesh. 

After beating Australia in the first league match India are all set to continue the winning momentum and are roaring in confidence, they face Bangladesh in the next match.

India vs Australia
India posing after beating Australia. Pic Credits: ICC

I’m sure the Indian team is aware that the T20 is the most unpredictable form of the game and no one can get complacent at any point in the tournament especially as big as the world cup.

Bangladesh will surely be using the vast experience of their coaches Anju Jain (head coach) and Devika Palshikar (assistant coach) both being former India coaches.

India would like to see Smriti and Harman spend some more time in the middle. Jemimah who had a superb partnership with Deepti Sharma will surely look to score run a ball or more. Deepti should just continue with the excellent work she is doing scoring those runs and bowling those superb spells. My batters to look out for are Shafali and Harmanpreet Kaur.

Soniya Dabir
Soniya Dabir

The bowlers I think should focus on bowling those dot balls which automatically creates pressure on the batsman. They should continue bowling in partnerships. I would like to see Harman bowl a few overs in the middle for sure.

One point I would like to mention is the Indian team should make more good use of the DRS.

Also Read:  Australia beat South Africa to set a final date with India at the MCG on March 8

Poonam Yadav definitely my bowler to look out for but would like to see Rajeshwari Gayakwad to tighten up her line and length as compared to the last match.

It’s nice to see the youngsters enjoying the pressure to perform. All the very best to the Indian team..keep going strong. Cheers!

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here