Amelia Kerr and Katey Martin complete 50 and 100 ODI Matches for New Zealand

Amelia Kerr and Katey Martin reached a career milestone on Sunday, March 13th against Australia in the 2022 Women’s Cricket World Cup as Kerr completed 50 ODI matches and wicketkeeper batter Martin played her 100 one day international.

Amelia Kerr and Katey Martin completes 50 and 100 ODI Matches for New Zealand. PC: ICC/Getty Images
Amelia Kerr and Katey Martin completes 50 and 100 ODI Matches for New Zealand. PC: ICC/Getty Images

Amelia Kerr, the 21-year-old sensation has been New Zealand’s best all-rounder over the last 2 years. Debuting at the age of 16, Kerr has grown into a fine no.3 batter and a great leg spinner with the ball. In her 50 ODIs, she has scored 1152 runs at an average of 39.65 with 2 centuries and 6 fifties. Her 232* against Ireland in 2018 is the highest individual score in women’s cricket history. With the ball, she has picked 72 wickets consisting 4 four-wicket haul and one five-wicket haul. With an excellent 2022 so far where she has scored 400+ runs, she will be making sure to continue her good form and create more records as the years goes by.

Katey Martin, the most experienced player in the current Kiwi squad has been playing international cricket since 2003. In a career that looks long, she hasn’t played at the international level from 2004 to 2008 and from 2013 to 2016 missing nearly 9 years. In her 100 ODIs, she has scored 1748 runs with 7 fifties largely batting at no.6 or no.7 position. The Kiwi Batter has provided valuable support to the side over the last couple of years scoring at consistent 30s and 40s. The 37-year-old is almost at the end of her, she will be looking to give her best in the 2022 WC for New Zealand.

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

Dhanush Lavanya

I’m a Content Writer, Podcaster and Presenter. I’ve written 100+ articles across various sports and produced 50+ Podcast episodes. You can find my podcast “The Off Stump” on Spotify.

Also Read:  Deandra Dottin defends 6 Runs in Final Over to Script Historic World Cup Victory
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here