Pakistan beat New Zealand, India beat South Africa in a last ball Warm-Up Thriller

The campaign of 2022 ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup in New Zealand began today with three warm-up matches being played on 27th February 2022.

Here are the match summaries of all the three warm-up matches played today:

Pakistan Women's Cricket Team ahead of their warm-up match against New Zealand. PC: TheRealPCB / Twitter
Pakistan Women’s Cricket Team ahead of their warm-up match against New Zealand. PC: TheRealPCB / Twitter

New Zealand v Pakistan – Warm-Up Match

Batting first, New Zealand were bundled out for a modest 229 in 45 overs and in reply, Pakistan chased down the target in 49.2 overs, winning the match by four wickets. For New Zealand, Amy Satterthwaite (80 runs off 85 balls) and Maddy Green (58 runs off 69 balls) were the twin half centurions who helped the White Ferns go past the 200 run mark. Pakistan’s left-arm spinner Nashra Sandhu was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 4-32 in her 10 overs. Chasing 230, Pakistan achieved the target in 49.2 overs winning the match by four wickets. Aliya Riaz (62 not out off 52 balls) and Nida Dar (54 runs off 59 balls) blistered useful half-centuries to steer their side home. Jess Kerr was the most effective bowler for White Ferns as she accounted for 2-30 in seven overs.

India v South Africa: Warm-Up Match

Team India gets a narrow win as they defeat South Africa by 2 runs in the first warm-up match heading into the 2022 Women’s World Cup. Winning the toss, South Africa sent out India to bat first. Team India suffered a big blow as Smriti Mandana was hit on the head and got retired hurt. Mithali Raj got out for a duck. Yastika Bhatia and Harmanpreet Kaur steadied the innings with an 84 run partnership with Bhatia scoring 58 runs. Harmanpreet Kaur went on to score a century as she scored 114 Runs and took team India to 244 at the end of 50 overs. Fast bowler Ayabonga Khaka took 3 for 23 and was the star in South Africa bowling.

Also Read:  Match 14 – Australia vs West Indies Women | Squad | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

South Africa lost opener Tazmin Brits for a duck. The experienced Laura Wolvaardt scored 75 and stitched in an 80 run partnership with Captain Sune Luus. Sune Luus kept moving the scoreboard as she managed to have a 61 run partnership with Marizanne Kapp for the 5th wicket. Sune Luus got out for 94 in the last over with South Africa still requiring 8 runs in 5 bowls. Team India managed to win the match by 2 runs as Rajeshwari Gayakwad defended 9 runs in the last over and finished the match with match-winning figures of 4 for 46 in 10 overs picking key wickets of Sune Luus and Marizanne Kapp.

Australia v West Indies – Warm-Up Match

Australia’s star all-rounder Ellyse Perry muscled a 77-ball 62 to help the team post a challenging score of 259-7 in 50 overs. Tahlia McGrath (45 runs off 45 balls) and Annabel Sutherland (54 not out) also chipped in with useful contributions lower down the order. For West Indies, captain Stafanie Taylor was the top wicket-taker as she accounted for 3-51 in 10 overs. In reply, West Indies were restricted to 169-9 as they lost the match by 90 runs. Taylor top-scored with 66 runs, while for Australia Perry led the bowling attack picking up 2-6.

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Which 8 Pakistani Cricketers could make their Women's ODI World Cup debut this year?
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here