Alyssa Healy and Ellyse Perry create history together

The cricketing world witnessed a wonderful partnership on Sunday, November 3rd, where two star-players of Australia, playing for Sydney Sixers in Women’s Big Bash League against Melbourne Stars smashed a world record partnership of 199. Alyssa Healy carved a 53-ball 106 as she combined with Sydney Sixers teammate Ellyse Perry for a record partnership, Perry set almost every record in the WBBL last season but on her 29th birthday and with 87 not out off 68 balls, is a new level to that.

Sydney Sixer put up a total of 199 runs with no loss of wicket and this milestone was too good to chase for the Melbourne stars in that match.

Alyssa Healy and Ellyse Perry
Alyssa Healy and Ellyse Perry. Pic Credits – foxsports.com.au

Healy slammed 13 fours and four sixes to reach her 3rd WBBL century at the WACA in Perth. The unbeaten stand rocketed over the previous record of 156 which was jointly held by the Stars’ Meg Lanning and Mignon du Preez in 2016 and Brisbane Heat’s Beth Mooney and Grace Harris in 2015.

Healy said post-match she enjoyed being able to bat with Perry and set the new record.“I’m just enjoying my cricket at the moment, fairly relaxed,” she said post-game. “I’m in a really enjoyable space at the moment so hopefully it can continue.”
The pair shared a laugh in the last over with Perry trolling her teammate late in the innings. “I told Midge (Healy) I wanted to get a cheeky single and she told me to ‘get lost’,” Perry said. Healy was on 94 with just four balls left and didn’t really appreciate the joke at the time. “It was a bit more violent than that,” Healy said. “But it was just funny. Happy birthday Pez, it was nice to get a good total on the board and hopefully we can defend it.”

Also Read:  Why does Tahlia Wilson always packs few hockey sticks in her cricket kit bag?

For Healy, it continues to be a purple patch that saw her win everything in 2018, including the Australian T20 and ODI award as well as the Belinda Clark Medal, and being named the ICC T20 Player of the Year last year.

In the last one month, Alyssa Healy has struck 3 centuries in 9 games across formats.
148* (61) v SL in T20I
112* (76) v SL in ODI
106* (53) in WBBL
Her massive score also matched her best in the WBBL and is the third-highest score in the competition’s history.

Source: News.com.au

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here