Warm-Up Match 2: India U19 v Australia U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The second warm-up match of the ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup will be played between India and Australia on January 9 at Steyn City School in Midrand, South Africa. The game will begin at 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL).

Warm-Up Match 2: India U19 v Australia U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Squads

India: Shafali Verma (c), Shweta Sehrawat (vc), Richa Ghosh (wk), G Trisha, Soumya Tiwari, Sonia Mehdiya, Hurley Gala, Hrishita Basu (wk), Sonam Yadav, Mannat Kashyap, Archana Devi, Parshavi Chopra, Titas Sadhu, Falak Naz, Shabnam MD

Australia: Chloe Ainsworth, Jade Allen, Charis Bekker, Paris Bowdler, Maggie Clark, Sianna Ginger, Lucy Hamilton, Ella Hayward, Milly Illingworth, Eleanor Larosa, Rhys McKenna, Claire Moore, Kate Pelle, Amy Smith, Ella Wilson.

Players to Watch

Shafali Verma:

The captain of India Women’s U19 is a swashbuckling right-handed opening batter. The former world number one T20I batter in women’s cricket has played 51 T20Is for India and muscled 1231 runs. She can be handy with the ball and has six T20I wickets.

Richa Ghosh: 

She is a wicket-keeper and a right-handed middle-order batter of India Women’s U19. Like Shafali Verma, Richa has played international cricket for India. In 30 T20Is, she has smashed 427 runs at a strike rate of 134. Behind the stumps, she is one of the safest houses.

Claire Moore:

She is a right-handed top-order batter of Australia Women’s U19, who plays her domestic cricket for New South Wales. She has been a prolific performer over the years and has also been picked by Sydney Sixers to play in the Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL).

Rhys McKenna: 

She is a right-arm pace sensation of Australia Women’s U19, who plays her domestic cricket for Victoria. She also represents the Melbourne Stars in the WBBL. She is an exciting talent; besides her bowling, she is known to be an excellent fielder.

Also Read:  England announces squad for ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup 2023

Pitch

The venue hosted the five-match T20 series between India Women’s U19 and South Africa Women’s U19 a few days back. It will be interesting if the wicket used for this fixture will be a new one or the used one. An exciting contest between bat and ball is on the cards as both teams boast of some impact players.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny to partly cloudy and nice. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 27 degrees Celsius. There will be a 20 percent cloud cover and a 25 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Richa Ghosh, Claire Moore, Shafali Verma, Soumya Tiwari, Archana Devi, Ella Wilson, Rhys McKenna, Sonia Mendhiya, Amy Smith, Ella Hayward, Sonam Yadav

Match details

Date: January 9, 2023

Time: 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL)

Venue: Steyn City School in Midrand, South Africa

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here