Warm-Up Match 3: Pakistan U19 v Ireland U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The third warm-up match of the ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup will be played between Ireland and Pakistan on January 9 at Tuks Oval in Pretoria, South Africa. The game will begin at 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL).

Warm-Up Match 3: Pakistan U19 v Ireland U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Squads

Ireland: Amy Hunter (c), Siúin Wood (vc), Zara Craig, Georgina Dempsey, Rebecca Gough, Abbi Harrison, Jennifer Jackson, Joanna Loughran, Niamh MacNulty, Aimee Maguire, Kia McCartney, Ellie McGee, Julie McNally, Freya Sargent, Annabel Squires

Pakistan: Aroob Shah (c), Aliza Khan, Anosha Nasir, Areesha Noor, Eyman Fatima, Haleema Azeem Dar, Haniah Ahmer, Laiba Nasir, Mahnoor Aftab, Quratulain Ahsen, Rida Aslam, Shawaal Zulfiqar, Warda Yousaf, Zaib-un-Nisa, Zamina Tahir

Players to Watch

Amy Hunter: 

The captain of Ireland Women’s U19 is an experienced right-handed opening batter who has played 11 ODIs and 13 T20Is for Ireland since her international debut in 2021. She has 216 runs in 11 T20I innings and will be the key to her team’s batting.

Ellie McGee:

She is a dashing all-rounder of Ireland Women’s U19 who is a right-handed batter and a right-arm medium-pace bowler. She plays for the Scorchers in the Arachas Super T20 tournament. Her contributions with bat and ball will be crucial to her team’s success.

Laiba Nasir: 

She is a right-handed batter and a right-arm off-spinner of Pakistan Women’s U19. She has played for major teams like Central Punjab Women U19 and Conquerors at the domestic level. She is a promising all-rounder.

Eyman Fatima: 

She is a right-handed batter of Pakistan Women’s U19, who has played for teams like Conquerors, PCB Strikers, and Central Punjab Women Under-19s at the domestic level. She will be required to shoulder the batting responsibility of her side.

Also Read:  New Zealand U19 Squad for ICC Women's World Cup 2023 Announced

Pitch

The venue has hosted just one women’s T20I to date. It was played between South Africa and Pakistan in 2019. Pakistan won that game, chasing 120 runs. For this fixture, expect a new surface that will help the batters. The batting-friendly conditions could result in a high-scoring contest. The fast bowlers may have something in the wicket in the first hour of play, given the morning start to the game.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly sunny, pleasant, and warmer. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 30 degrees Celsius. There will be an 18 percent cloud cover and a three percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Joanna Loughran, Amy Hunter, Eyman Fatima, Julie McNally, Shawaal Zulfiqar, Ellie McGee, Laiba Nasir, Syeda-Aroob Shah, Freya Sargent, Georgina Dempsey, Quratulain Ahsen

Match details

Date: January 9, 2023

Time: 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL)

Venue: Tuks Oval in Pretoria, South Africa

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here